an interesting inquiry; NO$GBA + PokeGen

I've poured into these forums for the past couple hours, so I learned as much as I could and I have can make educated guesses on what I'm doing...

Trying to get PokeGen to work

Trying to put Pokemon into my Diamond version. It's a ROM, and I use NO$GBA, plus the NO$Zoomer...

I know to put the Pokemon into the PC boxes, not my party. I know to create them as an egg, and pretty much leave everything else alone... save often, etc.

However, I can't even open up my .sav files into PokeGen.

I tried changing my NO$GBA.ini so that the SAV file equals RAW, and then saving the game on the NO$GBA, but that hasn't worked.

The error reads that the file size is wrong?

I have found no other way to change the file size. So if anyone would like to help, I would be most thankful.

Sorry for just another new thread for another new problem! I kept searching but found no answers

For No$GBA saves, you have to convert them. Go here. Click the Choose File button and navigate to wherever the save is. Source format is No$GBA and the Target format is the default one. Download the file, load it into PokeGen, put the file in where the original save was and replace it. Boot up No$GBA and it should have worked.

Have you considered using PokeSav to see what's up?

I just managed to open a DesMuME .dsv file in PokeGen for White, so I'm not sure what could be wrong really. Perhaps download a different version of PokeGen or try PokeSav.

I couldn't get Pokesav to work at all. Pokegen was simpler, so moved to that. However, i might be willing to give Pokesav another go soon...

For No$GBA saves, you have to convert them. Go here. Click the Choose File button and navigate to wherever the save is. Source format is No$GBA and the Target format is the default one. Download the file, load it into PokeGen, put the file in where the original save was and replace it. Boot up No$GBA and it should have worked.

Basically, that converts the file into the raw file type that Pokegen uses? I'll give it a shot shortly, because it looks like it changed the file size, which is what my problem is...

Thanks in advance if it works

Have you considered using PokeSav to see what's up?

I just managed to open a DesMuME .dsv file in PokeGen for White, so I'm not sure what could be wrong really. Perhaps download a different version of PokeGen or try PokeSav.

I couldn't get Pokesav to work at all. Pokegen was simpler, so moved to that. However, i might be willing to give Pokesav another go soon...

Basically, that converts the file into the raw file type that Pokegen uses? I'll give it a shot shortly, because it looks like it changed the file size, which is what my problem is...

Thanks in advance if it works

Again, what is the size of the file ?

SAV/SNA File Format == Raw in NO$GBA.INI and "NDS-Cartridge Backup Media" set to "Auto" in the options should produce a raw 512 kB save file usable by any save editor without conversion.

• 2 weeks later...