Some questions about importing an existing .sav file into PokeGen.

SteveBob

Ok, first of all I'd like to say thanks to Codr, PokeGen is awesome and I particularly love the shiny SID finder, very useful.

However I have a few questions about when I load an existing .pkm file from Platinum into PokeGen, I'll apologise in advance if some of these questions seem silly but I'm not an expert. Most of it is probably nothing to worry about but I wanted to get it checked anyway.

So, my .pkm is a Piplup that comes out as Legit in the Gen IV legality checker. When I import to PokeGen, however it does a few things.

Firstly, it changes the Nickname and Trainer Name into weird code, I assume I'm fine in simply changing this myself and it shouldn't cause any problems.

Secondly, the nature changes from Timid to Hardy. Bit odd but, again, I assume I can just edit this myself and it'll be fine.

Next, the main thing I'm concerned about is the data in the "met" tab:

I can only set game to "Black/White" in the drop down menu, does this mean the game takes the "met" data as you meeting the Pokemon when it's traded to Black/White? Should I even be worrying?

Then there's location, I know there are known issues but it comes out as a Red Bar. Should I change this to "Sinnoh" as the Piplup was hatched there or should it be set to "FarawayPlace" or something else? Also, should the "Met at level" be 0 or 1?

Finally, in "Hatch Conditions" there's the same thing as before, only "Black/White" available. Is this fine to leave blank?

The only other thing I'm a bit unsure of is the Trash Bites, I've run it through a normaliser and it's currently on the first option (66 (0x42)) with no extra bytes. Hopefully this is fine as it is.

If anyone wants to check the .savs I've got they are attached. Pip-Platinum is obviously the .pkm from Platinum and Pip-White is the one I've imported to PokeGen and edited to try to make it all correct.

If someone can assist in answering any/all of my questions I'd very much appreciate it, thanks :)

Pip-Platinum.pkm

Pip-White.pkm

Pip-Platinum.pkm

Pip-White.pkm

Edited by SteveBob
Mistake.

Awesome, thanks a lot. I shall try that.

Btw, I'll edit the topic, just realised I put .sav when I meant .pkm, apologies but I think you knew what I meant :P

Edit: Just tried this and it seems to work but what if I then want to save it as a Gen V .pkm. If I change target game back to Black/White it just seems to assume the Pokemon was met there instead :/

Edit: Just tried this and it seems to work but what if I then want to save it as a Gen V .pkm. If I change target game back to Black/White it just seems to assume the Pokemon was met there instead :/

There are no locations aside from general ones in Black/White from previous games.

Ok, so what will I actually need to do to make my Piplup appear legit and traded from Platinum to White, if anything?

I'm actually still awaiting my NDS Adaptor Plus but once I can get my White save file into PokeGen would I just load up my Pip from Platinum (target game as White), set it to a party slot, fix the names/nature, ignore the met data (including the big red box) and everything should still be ok?

Maybe I should just wait until I can actually try it out, I was just trying to get prepared for trading my Pokemon from Gen IV to V via PokeGen.