Dub\Sub Dilemma

Ok, off the spamming of the HG/SS thread I figured I'd make a new topic for it here xD;;

Ok basic topic starter:

I'm not a fan of the pokemon dub. I'm not really much a fan of dubs at all really, I do have a few I like (Cowboy Bebop for example), but most dubs SUUUUUUCK.

One main reason they suck is the censorship board >C They really have an iron brain tumor when it comes to their ideas on what's good and what's not for kids. They'll cut pretty much anything close to "offensive" out of everything. 4kids 4 fail, yes?

There's a whole long list things that effect their ruling, the biggest being a big, BIG parenting problem with this era's new-y parent population, but I won't get into it on this post >>

Another dilemma is the utter lack of the DVD's having any kind of subs, AT ALL. Plus, finding any kind of subbed content in any shape or form is a NIGHTMARE. Especially any of the older anime.

I've been able to find movies 4-11 subbed, but I've not much hope for the anime (IF YOU HAVE LINKS FOR ANYTHING IN THIS THREAD, PM ONLY). I know subs exist for all of them, they're just murder to find ;A;

Honestly PocketMonsters has done brilliant jobs with subbing Movies 10 & 11, and I love their translations and how their subs are arranged. Their artistic and non-obtrusive.

OMGHF! They have torrents for Movies 5, 6, 8, & 9! WRROOOOAR~! DOWNLOADING! I hope they get to Movie 1 eventually! I think they're going backwards? SOOOO SWEEEET~! *dancu*

Well! There is some hope for you guys!

But yeah, Pokemon Dub/translations of the anime and the games. Not fun :C

4kids doesn't do the dub anymore. The Pokemon Company, and their American partner Pokemon USA, is taking over basically everything related to Pokemon in America. The dub is now done in-house, resulting in the voice actor's changing (though some old va's are now used for minor rules). Also, the Pokemon games are getting in-house translators, rather than the guy who's done every single one so far.