Pokemon White Rom backup with Supercard DSTWO

I have a retail copy of pokemon white, which I've been playing whilst I waited for my flashcart to arrive, I havnt yet been able to find a way that I can get the save file to my computer for use with pokegen.

I have an Action Replay DSi, but I dont think theres any way to use that to get the save from my DS to my PC.

I wanted to backup my pokemon white rom, If I understand correctly I can then put the rom on my dstwo flashcart and play the game via that, where I will have easy acces to my save file.

Will I lose my current progress in the game when I make the backup or not?

I have tried to use the NDS backup Tool 3in1 in the ROM forum rules post, I found these english instructions and tried to follow them.

I believe I followed them correctly, but when I start up my DS, press on the fish tycoon logo then press DS_Game, I see the little picture with 'Slot 1 to 3in1' written on it, click that and i get the error message '3in1expansion pack not found. Please redo from start' pressing A to confirm shuts off the DS.

Any help is much appreciated

You can't use the 3in1 method if you are using a DSi, and you can't use the program period if you're using a DSi. The DSi won't allow you to change games while it's on and not detect it. You'll have to use a DS phat or Lite in order to use it and a 3in1 is a Slot 2 flashcart basically. So it's another piece of hardware. You'd need to use a wifi method. Also you will lose your save data. You won't actually lose it on the retail cart but when you back up the ROM it only backups up the game. Not your save file. You'd need to back up your save file in order to get that as well.