Pokegen problem

Ok so I'm having a problem getting my .sav files to load in pokegen. I'm trying to load my diamond save file. But I keep getting an invalid save file error. I go to options and choose diamond/pearl, go to file and select load. Then I choose my diamond save file. That's when I get the error.

I have also tried my platinum, pearl and my Japanese diamond save file. But none of them will load. Am I missing something? I can get all these files to load in pokesav. But seeing as I'm just trying to edit my pokemon in my box I thought this would be better. Is there a secondary application I will need to load my saves? Or do I have to convert them from .sav to something else?

Some additional information that may help:

Running windows 7

I converted these save files from .duc (action replay) to .sav

I haven't edited the save files other then conversion.

I read the readme file, but it didn't have information as to what to do when I get this error.

I'm using 3.0b pokegen

If I tell it to ignore check sums in my save file I get some weird errors, like all my pokemon are eggs, or they have a nickname like $^&%*(%$&%^)*^

Any information as to how to fix this would be appreciated.

If this isn't the right place then just move this thread to the appropriate section.

"Pokemon Diamond.sav" is in an invalid format. I don't know what's gone on there, but it's just wrong.

I don't know if you're all running your save files through converters 500 times or what, but you're doing something bad. (There's a thread in the PokeGen section with a nearly identical problem. I've also had forum PMs with the same type of thing.)