Black/White Question

Omerick200

Yay! I guess I can start making my Reshiram now. :)

Unless I'm mistaken, you probably can't create a legal Gen V poke yet because Gen V PIDs were not implemented yet in PokeGen...

But now that the RNG has been pretty much figured out, has the new PID type and relationship of PID to shininess/ability/nature/gender been implemented in the beta?

So far I've been using Type 1 PID with unrelated IVs, which I know is wrong but all I can do right now. :S

Unless I'm mistaken, you probably can't create a legal Gen V poke yet because Gen V PIDs were not implemented yet in PokeGen...

But now that the RNG has been pretty much figured out, has the new PID type and relationship of PID to shininess/ability/nature/gender been implemented in the beta?

So far I've been using Type 1 PID with unrelated IVs, which I know is wrong but all I can do right now. :S

Nintendo doesn't care. Why do you? (About PIDs being exactly like game-generated ones.)

Nintendo doesn't care. Why do you? (About PIDs being exactly like game-generated ones.)

Well one reason I've found was that if I generate a Type 1 PID then evolve in-game, the ability may change because (apparently) it is recalculated differently according to the new Gen V PID. At least I think that's what is happening because I caught then edited the PID of a Blitzle (electric zebra thing) to have motor drive but then when it evolved, it changed to Lightning Rod. This also happened with my shed skin Scraggy switching abilities. If it wasn't for that, I'd just make any Type 1 PID with what I wanted then call it good. Also I heard random wifi will not accept a Type 1 PID on a Gen V poke but I haven't been able to try it out yet.

Well one reason I've found was that if I generate a Type 1 PID then evolve in-game, the ability may change because (apparently) it is recalculated differently according to the new Gen V PID. At least I think that's what is happening because I caught then edited the PID of a Blitzle (electric zebra thing) to have motor drive but then when it evolved, it changed to Lightning Rod. This also happened with my shed skin Scraggy switching abilities. If it wasn't for that, I'd just make any Type 1 PID with what I wanted then call it good. Also I heard random wifi will not accept a Type 1 PID on a Gen V poke but I haven't been able to try it out yet.

Oh, that. That's a valid concern, and it'll be added, but probably not to the PID finder. You can just leave the PID editbox blank and it'll generate a random PID that meets all of the conditions you specify on the tabs.

Wait, so the latest version will work with the english games?

It'll work for save files. Code generation likely needs an update to work. Not to mention codes in general are somewhat messed up (Pokedex codes don't work and I can't guarantee the state of Pokemon codes.) at the moment.

It'll work for save files. Code generation likely needs an update to work. Not to mention codes in general are somewhat messed up (Pokedex codes don't work and I can't guarantee the state of Pokemon codes.) at the moment.

an update of pokegen or an update of my action replay? do you know if these things will be fixed before the english games are released?