I need help with catching relicanth!

pokemonfan

Ok, so I'm trying to catch the regis and find out I need a darned relicanth! They are extremely rare and I've been searching for quite a while now. I know how to get a wailord easy so I've been searching for a relicanth. Please help me with any ideas or techniques. I know where to find them I just cant because they are so rare. There is only a 5% chance of seeing them. I will update this post when I do find a relicanth. Please help me! Anything would be appreciated.

Relicanth is underwater... where you either find LOTS of Clamperl, maybe some Chinchou... and VERY RARELY Relicanth. He's based on a coelacanth, which people thought were extinct BILLIONS OF YEARS AGO[/endboomingvoice] but apparently they're still alive and well in the Indian Ocean. That's why he's so rare :P

Find a brown fish, then catch him... but bring a lot of Dive Balls/Net Balls because he's one of those non-evolving Pokemon with a pretty low catch rate.

Wailords are somewhat rare but I was surprised to have found one once at level 27. This HUGE thing... just popping out of nowhere is surely surprising! Alternately, you can fish with the Good Rod near the sea routes (the ones in the east) and find a Wailmer. Wailmer evolves at level 40 though @_@

Thanks a lot wraith89! I did find one and catch it. I'm raising a wailmer now and it is a lot harder then I thought. However, I will get those regis! I almost killed the relicanth but I caught it. If you throw an ultra ball in a GBA game and press a rapidly the catch rate I think is higher or there is a 90% chance of catching the pokemon so I eventually caught it.