HgSs Editing

Ryan777

Hi, I'm new to the whole Rom hacking concept, but I have a lot of great ideas to hack into Soul Silver

but I need help with two things, I searched around the forum and couldn't find any answers but they were old posts so I wanted to ask:

1. Has anyone discovered how to hack the starters yet?

2. Is there any way to hack what Pokemon hatches out of the Togepi egg?

Thanks ahead of time!

1. get CrystalTile2 & a hex editor.

2. open the rom in CrystalTile2, select (V) in the top menu bar, and switch to Hex Editor mode if it isn't already there.

3. at the top menu bar, select (T), then NDS File System. a small window will pop up.

4. right click "Arm9", select (U).

5. using a hex editor, open up the newly extracted & uncompressed Arm9 file.

6. search the file for 98 00 00 00 9B 00 00 00 9E 00 00 00

7. change the 98 00, 9B 00 or 9E 00 to the hexadecimal value of the Pokemon you desire, and save.

8. in the same pop-up NDS File System window in CrystalTile2, right click Arm9 again, and select ©. now select the edited Arm9.bin.

9. close all programs. an alert will pop up. select the option that isn't cancel.

All I can find in the script is "Receive MEgg"

Edit: Okay I figured everything out, and I got one of the starter choices to work, but the other two I have chosen are three digit hex codes for example

Dratini(the starter that worked so far)- 93

Bagon-173

Gible-1BB

Now, with the digits you gave me:

98 00 00 00 9B 00 00 00 9E 00 00 00

I substituted the 98 with a 93, so it looked like this:

93 00 00 00 9B 00 00 00 9E 00 00 00

And Dratini worked, but for the three digit ones, how and where do I insert them into this?

Thanks again

Edited by Ryan777

Oftentimes in Pokemon roms, when a 3 or 4-digit number is required, it's written like this:

123 = 23 01

get it?

so, like 24E = 4E 02

oh, also: the egg you receive in Violet City is forced to have Extrasensory. Like, even if you edit Togepi's level-up moves to include Extrasensory at Level 1, it'll have it twice in it's moveset upon hatching. like...

Growl

Charm

Extrasensory

Extrasensory

or just one, if normal

Hmm...

Is the command for HG/SS Togepi egg any different from Platinum's command? The one I gave is Platinum's, but I wonder if HG/SS's command is different. I'm not gonna bother with HG/SS for now, but I will in a few months. I just want to know if there's a special command to give a specific move.