Are some spreads specific to certain seeds?

gamerotom

I have not hacked Pokemon, or even played, in a while but I remember hearing something about being able to tell if a Pokemon was hacked based on the IV spread and the date it was caught. I paid too much attention to RNGing, only did it for a few shiny eggs, but apparently the date has an affect on what you encounter.

So, for hacked Pokemon that are listed as "bred" (or I suppose any Pokemon in general..), does the date matter? Will it be possible to tell a Pokemon is hacked when comparing the IV spread with when it captured/hatched/picked up?

I have not hacked Pokemon, or even played, in a while but I remember hearing something about being able to tell if a Pokemon was hacked based on the IV spread and the date it was caught. I paid too much attention to RNGing, only did it for a few shiny eggs, but apparently the date has an affect on what you encounter.

Can't date check. Spreads are not exclusive to seeds, seeds are just starting points. Thus it can be far along or in the first few encounters depending on the seed. Some spreads are impossible due to the certain methods of generation, but there aren't many compared to all of the possible spreads.

So, for hacked Pokemon that are listed as "bred" (or I suppose any Pokemon in general..), does the date matter? Will it be possible to tell a Pokemon is hacked when comparing the IV spread with when it captured/hatched/picked up?

When the egg is generated, the PID is created and stored. You can change to a later date. Since it can be any date, you can use over 1 million seeds, and thus can get a good egg IV spread out of it. Captures, see above answer.