Met game location problem?

hunter_aran

I don't know if this has been addressed or if it matters, but I am having trouble with the "game" location on the "met" tab for a pal park'd pkm from FR. I had previously made the .pkm file in HGSS pokesav with the met in place to 55 (pal park) and 46h as 37 so I thought the game met in would be set to "HGSS". But after switching over to using Pokegen, I find it sets the met game to platinum for some reason. If I change it back to HGSS, then save the file and reopen it, it reverts back to platinum! Maybe this is supposed to happen? Is there a difference between the data for pal park'd pokes in HGSS versus platinum? Any explanation is appreciated!

...this is just more convincing that the tooltips are useless. Nobody reads them. Ever.

The game in which this Pokémon was met.

Locations and ball types will be limited to only those available in the game you select.

Due to limitations in the way location data is stored, this won't always accurately represent which game the Pokémon was met in when loading Pokémon data. Saving is always correct, however.

...this is just more convincing that the tooltips are useless. Nobody reads them. Ever.

Well I did notice this (tooltips are extremely helpful contrary to your belief) but I wasn't sure if the problem was in the hex values I originally assigned or if it really was this occasional display problem. I just wanted to be clear. Sorry that this annoyed you but I do appreciate your time. Thanks.

I wasn't sure if the problem was in the hex values I originally assigned or if it really was this occasional display problem.

I didn't see "Maybe this is supposed to happen?" when I first read the post, so I guess I should apologize. Also, this isn't a "problem" in the program. The Pokemon structure has insufficient data to accurately detect the met game in every circumstance.