Can't get on wi-fi!

gamefreakninja

Thanks. Did you just change their names back to normal?

The only values I changed were in the 'Met' tab.

I'm not sure whether Nintendo checks location by location if the Pokémon is catchable there or not, or if locations are grouped by type (all the Routes, all the Caves, etc.) -- making them look either as Hatched or PokéShifted is the quickest way to pass the legality check.

To generate them as if they were hatched from an egg, you'd have to:

a) Check the moveset first. If you want your Gen. I/II/III/IV Pokémon to have a D/P/Pt/HG/SS Move Tutors-only move, or a level-up/Egg move he can only learn in Gen. IV games, you have to make it look PokéShifted instead. A Tyranitar with Aqua Tail is an example of this issue.

b) Set the 'Location' value as 'Sodateya Fuufu' (or 'Day-Care Couple', in English);

c) Set the 'Ball' value as 'Poké Ball';

d) Set the 'Level' value as '1';

e) Check the 'As Egg' box;

f) Specify the Hatch Conditions however you want.

Codr: I noticed that, however the 'Location' value is set, the 'Encounter' value is always 'Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin'. Is this a bug, or in Gen. V *.pkm files structure, it doesn't make a difference where the Pokémon has been encountered, and there is a global value substituting each separate case?

I'm not sure whether Nintendo checks location by location if the Pokémon is catchable there or not, or if locations are grouped by type (all the Routes, all the Caves, etc.) -- making them look either as Hatched or PokéShifted is the quickest way to pass the legality check.

they don't check location. they also don't check ball or level either, i don't think. i know changing the ball didn't matter. can't recall if i changed the level.

that's the new default encounter type.(are there other kinds now?)

To generate them as if they were hatched from an egg, you'd have to:

a) Check the moveset first. If you want your Gen. I/II/III/IV Pokémon to have a D/P/Pt/HG/SS Move Tutors-only move, or a level-up/Egg move he can only learn in Gen. IV games, you have to make it look PokéShifted instead. A Tyranitar with Aqua Tail is an example of this issue.

b) Set the 'Location' value as 'Sodateya Fuufu' (or 'Day-Care Couple', in English);

c) Set the 'Ball' value as 'Poké Ball';

d) Set the 'Level' value as '1';

e) Check the 'As Egg' box;

f) Specify the Hatch Conditions however you want.

Codr: I noticed that, however the 'Location' value is set, the 'Encounter' value is always 'Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin'. Is this a bug, or in Gen. V *.pkm files structure, it doesn't make a difference where the Pokémon has been encountered, and there is a global value substituting each separate case?

Okay thanks dude! But how did you change their name back to normal? Did you just delete the name? Forget it i found out how XP

Edit: Okay I just made a Shuckle and a Tyranitar, how do i make them look pokeshifted, i set met place at pokeshifter and it still won't let me go in. Could you check my pokemon again? Sorry ':/

Pokemon White.1.sav

How do you put attachment quotes?

Pokemon White.1.sav

Edited by gamefreakninja
Needed to put sav.

Both your PokéShifted Pokémon had Pokémon White set as game of origin ('Origin' value in the 'Main' tab), which would be impossible for an actual Gen. IV Pokémon migrated to a Gen. V game.

I've changed their game of origin to Pokémon Platinum, but for future reference, any Gen. IV (and Gen. III, for Third Generation Pokémon only) game is a legitimate game of origin to PokéShifted Pokémon.

Since it is highly improbable to have the same Trainer ID, Secret ID and Trainer Name on two different games, I've changed the Trainer ID and the Secret ID of both PokéShifted Pokémon to two random numbers, different to the ones associated to your Pokémon White save. This is not something Nintendo checks, but it improves the... Uhm, overall legality xD of your team, which is always good.

Back to what actually prevented you to pass Nintendo's legality check; your Abagoora had a Key Item (the Live Caster) attached, which normally is impossible, so I removed it.

The last issue was with your Zoroark's moveset, which took me a while to figure out why.

While it's true that it can learn Bark Out, by using TM 95 on him, that specific TM is an Event-only Item that has not been distributed yet; it's the Lock Capsule Event -- After picking up from the Delivery Man the Lock Capsule Key Item, you give it to Mr. Lock in Hiun City, and he gives you back TM 95. Since the TM is not available yet, the move it teaches has been (temporarily, I suppose) banned from Wi-Fi Random Battles (and possibly from GTS as well), since it cannot be learned otherwise through level-up or by breeding.

I left Zoroark's fourth attack slot blank, to pass the legality check any other move in his learnset is fine.

To put attachments when you create a thread/reply to one, go to 'Manage attachments', then 'Add Files', choose the file, 'Upload Files'; in the previous window check the box next to the file's icon and name in the lower part of the page, and finally click 'Insert Attachment'.

Pokemon White.1_fixed.sav

Pokemon White.1_fixed.sav

I'm using the latest PokéGen Beta (version 3.0 Beta 15), but that is not the issue, nothing is wrong with the software. It's just that, if you edit even only one value wrong (of the ones that are checked, of course), your entire party will not be accepted by Nintendo's servers. Sometimes, it's something you don't notice immediately. My advice is to test every newly-generated Pokémon one by one through the legality check. This way, you can narrow down the problem just to the Pokémon that actually look hacked, and it'll be easier to you to locate the values you've set incorrectly.

I'm using the latest PokéGen Beta (version 3.0 Beta 15), but that is not the issue, nothing is wrong with the software. It's just that, if you edit even only one value wrong (of the ones that are checked, of course), your entire party will not be accepted by Nintendo's servers. Sometimes, it's something you don't notice immediately. My advice is to test every newly-generated Pokémon one by one through the legality check. This way, you can narrow down the problem just to the Pokémon that actually look hacked, and it'll be easier to you to locate the values you've set incorrectly.

Okay, will do thanks!