Question on the possiblity of creating a new form of evolution

As the title states i am looking to edit a Pokemon game and wish to know if i'm wasting my time. I'm planning on creating a new island on the bottom right corner of the map i was thinking that after the completion of the pokedex there isn't much to do, so i thought that if i could create a new form of evolution. By giving up 2 matching Pokemon you would get a egg which would hatch into a fusion Pokemon. Just wondering if this is possible,

thanks in advance.

Sky Blue

As the title states i am looking to edit a Pokemon game and wish to know if i'm wasting my time. I'm planning on creating a new island on the bottom right corner of the map i was thinking that after the completion of the pokedex there isn't much to do, so i thought that if i could create a new form of evolution. By giving up 2 matching Pokemon you would get a egg which would hatch into a fusion Pokemon. Just wondering if this is possible,

thanks in advance.

Sky Blue

What game are you considering this for?

I phrased that wrong. I meant to say that something like that would be hard for D/P/Pt because they are harder to hack than the R/S/E/Fr/Fg Series.

Except for models for maps, DPP is not "harder" to edit. It has just been around less and there are less people working on it so progress is slow.

Its just that people feel powerless if they don't have a program to do something for them. That is why our rom editing section is called rom editing. Most people do not engage in rom hacking. They engage in rom editing and should be aware of it.

Except for models for maps, DPP is not "harder" to edit. It has just been around less and there are less people working on it so progress is slow.

Its just that people feel powerless if they don't have a program to do something for them. That is why our rom editing section is called rom editing. Most people do not engage in rom hacking. They engage in rom editing and should be aware of it.

When you think of it that way....Yeah You never really think of that way

But Sky, If you want to edit D/P/Pt you are going to need to know hex in most cases

See that's a misconception... Knowing hex and knowing what the hex means in D/P/Pt are 2 very different things from my POV

Exactly. It's like saying that to learn Spanish, you need to know the alphabet. While it is true, there's far more too it than that, such as grammar, syntax, idioms, cultural customs, etc.

In the case of ROM hacking, Hex is the computer's alphabet. You still need to know it's language to be able to understand and hack it. In this case, that's ARM.

I've known hex for a long time now, but I'm still pretty newbish at ARM.

Thanks to every one that replied, if creating a new island is to difficult would i be able to edit the prof's lab and insert an event so you can only use the new stuff in there when you complete the pokedex.

Thanks again,

Sky Blue