B&W Have pokemon- no pokedex data?

saikkussu

Hey- I'm a first time pokegen user.

Everything looks fine except that I noticed that the pkmn I made didn't activate their respective 'seen' or 'caught' data on the dex.

Did I do something wrong? Or is it a bug?

using the newest/ beta version.

P.S. is there an extensively detailed manual out there for poke gen?

This happens because simply implementing the pokemon into the game means that the game doesn't get to process the pokemon. Think of it like a room, the room's the pokedex, and it's guarded by cameras all around, if something teleports into this room, the cameras won't pick it up. So what you have to do if you want it to trigger the pokedex is put it in an egg and hatch it. That way the game goes through the process screen of "PLAYER obtained POKéMON!"

This happens because nothing happens that triggers the dex entry. This happens if you use pokesav too. You need to make it into an egg and hatch it, or trade it to somebody and have it traded back in order to get the dex entry for it. This is why I only edit exiting mons or clones of them, instead of making new ones from scratch.

When the pokedex editor for b/w is done, you could simply add the entry for the created mon in pokegen.