Three questions

1. How do you insert MIDI files into sdat files?

-I have R/S/E battle music remixes converted and loop points found to the single sample (1/44100th of a second) and want to, well insert them into a hg or ss rom.

2. How do you set trainer battle music in HG/SS? what tools do i need?

-Like, for trainers that normally don't have special music.

3. Can I import sprites from .png, .jpg, .bmp, or .gif images?

-I have some sprites i want to insert into my HG/SS rom.

Sorry if the answer to these questions is a simple google or a 1-line tutorial, but i'm a COMPLETE noob when it comes to POKEMON romhacks.

(Of course, if you could answer these for B/W instead of HG/SS, that would be better)

Edited by someonewhodied
typo

1- There's a program called crystal tile 2 that let's you do it. There are some nice tuts on youtube on how to do it. However, you can't insert MIDI files, you have to convert them to .sseq (easily done by using midi2sseq converter, again, google is your friend.). However, to play it well, you'll need .snbk and .swar files too, as they contain the instruments for the .sseq ( a sequence file, which tells the DS what instruments should be played in what order, essentially the music piece)

2- I'm wondering this too for myself. I know that walking through walls to Kanto from Johto, and then getting in a regular trainer battle will still yield the standard Johto battle, even though you're in Kanto. It may be based on trainer class, but it can also be some variable in the trdata.narc file, which is seperate for every trainer.

3- I'm sorry, I''m not experienced at all in spriting :/