Injected Wonder Cards not available to be picked up in DPPt

TheGeeklite

Hi! This is probably a very noob question, but I don't know what else to do. I'm trying to inject Wonder Card data into my Pearl save file using PkHex. I've made sure Mystery Gift is enabled on my save file, downloaded the Wonder Card data from the Event Gallery, imported the Wonder Card info using the tutorial (tried both the PCD and the PGT files), and made sure to save. But when I reload my game, the delivery person is nowhere to be found!

I've previously injected Gen VI Wonder Card data into both X and Alpha Sapphire successfully, so I don't know what I could be doing wrong. :/

Edited by TheGeeklite

6 minutes ago, TheGeeklite said:

Hi! This is probably a very noob question, but I don't know what else to do. I'm trying to inject Wonder Card data into my Pearl save file using PkHex. I've made sure Mystery Gift is enabled on my save file, downloaded the Wonder Card data from the Event Gallery, imported the Wonder Card info using the tutorial (tried both the PCD and the PGT files), and made sure to save. But when I reload my game, the delivery person is nowhere to be found!

I've previously injected Gen VI Wonder Card data into both X and Alpha Sapphire successfully, so I don't know what I could be doing wrong. :/

Did you check the Marts?

In Gen 4, they aren't in Pokemon Centers.

6 minutes ago, TheGeeklite said:

Yes.

And still no dice aye,
Trying deleting the Index numbers from the "received list"

I think long time ago the received list was used to represent that you collected the gift from the wonder card,
meaning can't be collected any more,
but I'm not to sure if I recalled that correctly,

so go ahead and do that, and lemmeknow

The Received list is to keep track of gifts you've already received, so that you can't receive the same Wondercard more than once.

During normal use you would receive a Wondercard from an event and it adds that WCID to the list, this is before you can even pick it up at the mart so I don't think that's the issue.

You should upload screenshots of your PKHeX pages, that might help. You could also try with PokéGen and see if that works (although if it really wasn't working with PKHeX for anybody then that would be a bug to report. :p)

Finally got around to playing with this again after taking a break out of frustration and no dice, even after deleting the index numbers.

Did go ahead and upload the screenshot, this is after deleting the index numbers.

(And I think I read somewhere that Gen IV only had room for three wonder cards so I won't be able to collect Regigigas just yet, but I was having this issue when I was just trying for Arceus, Raikou, and Entei)

screenshot.png

Now I had tried importing before I realized you had to enable Mystery Gift in game, that wouldn't have an effect? (Since I did delete and reimport them after enabling Mystery Gift)

Edited by TheGeeklite

There is a limit of 3 Wondercards, but you can have up to 8 gifts active at once, it would let you receive all four of them.

Anyway, I figured out that PKHeX does not handle D/P Mystery Gift properly. For the time being, use PMGE (I linked to the post that has 1.4.2 since 1.4.3 has some issues with Gen. IV saves.)

Check the left side, see if "Gift Active (D/P only)" is unchecked. PKHeX doesn't correctly set this flag when importing Mystery Gifts, so you'll have to manually check it yourself (and then save your file, of course. :p)

43 minutes ago, Ammako said:

There is a limit of 3 Wondercards, but you can have up to 8 gifts active at once, it would let you receive all three of them.

Anyway, I figured out that PKHeX does not handle D/P Mystery Gift properly. For the time being, use PMGE (I linked to the post that has 1.4.2 since 1.4.3 has some issues with Gen. IV saves.)

Check the left side, see if "Gift Active (D/P only)" is unchecked. PKHeX doesn't correctly set this flag when importing Mystery Gifts, so you'll have to manually check it yourself (and then save your file, of course. :p)

That was it! Thank you so much!