Is Pokesav or PPSE usable on Ubuntu OS?

Shinra

Hi.

I'm not sure if this is the correct section to put this thread in, but to get to the chase, I have just one small question.

I have two operating systems, not counting the ASUS Gateway that's also installed (that's there for emergency purposes, blame ASUS for that). I have Windows Vista, and Ubuntu Linux.

Now, I'm asking if either of these are usable on Ubuntu because Windows Vista is riddled with holes thanks to bugs, and Ubuntu is working at Vista's expense. Uninstalling Ubuntu or switching OSes won't help either, it'll just make my computer even slower when using Vista.

If Pokesav or PPSE aren't in development for Ubuntu or any other Linux-based OS, I'll be happy to help by providing at least a link to where Ubuntu can be downloaded for free. Yes, for free.

And, I'm sorry to say, but I'm not familiar with PPSE. Sorry... Can someone provide a link to where I can get it, out of pure curiosity?

Thanks.

I've taken a look at the program earlier, and I honestly don't think I can run this alone. I'll ask for my dad's help on this, he's better at installing stuff. Not using it, though; that's my department.

EDIT: Breaking news, guys.

Wine didn't seem to function for some odd reason... I can't open EXE files.

Edited by Shinra

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Works with WINE here (Under both OSX and Ubuntu Maverick), but I'd recommend a different approach. If you want, I'll try to compile it under Ubuntu, and you can run PPSE R151 natively, but that's gonna take a lot of time since I don't have the QT frameworks and libraries installed and I'm pretty stoked up this month, so yeah.

Will try though.

Edit: Just compiled PPSE SVN Revision 151, get it here. I only tested it on my machine, so I don't know if any libraries will be missing, but you're welcome to PM me if it doesn't work. I'll be posting Windows (And probably OSX) builds on my website.

Edited by Aeolus