So overwhelming 0.0;

Nofacekillah

Noob post #1209786781204153

Alright, here's my problem. I want to get from Point A, which is where I am right now (DS, HG version, ARDS, minimal knowledge of pokesav that is mostly limited to about 2 hours of forum browsing and 3 youtube videos) to Point B, which is where I can accomplish what I set out to do. That is, being able to create and edit Pokemon for my HG version, using my ARDS, and do a good job at that.

That's not all.

On my way to Point B, I also need to learn how to accomplish the feat (or at least people make it seem like a feat) of creating and editing Legendary Pokemon like Suicune, as well as Pokemon such as Heatran, Celebi, and Rotom who cannot be obtained in HG version. I need to make these guys look legit.

Alright, here's what I understand so far:

-I need to obtain my SID using Action Replay

-I need to have the game knowledge to create legitimate pokemon (ie no WonderTomb, Hatched pokemon in anything other than a Pokeball, etc)

Not much, eh? I still don't know WTF these HexaDecimal thingies are, I still don't know how to make a pokemon like Heatran for my HG version and make it look legit (it seems a lot more complicated than making say a random Salamence that I "hatched").

To be honest, I haven't even attempted a hack yet out of fear that I might mess something up and corrupt my HG save file, or just make a really bad hackjob.

So this is where there very helpful people of this board come in. I'm lost. I have no direction. I like to say redundant things.

I'm begging you all (and I won't stop until I learn how to do this!).

Ok I'll help you the best I can :)

Noob post #1209786781204153

Alright, here's my problem. I want to get from Point A, which is where I am right now (DS, HG version, ARDS, minimal knowledge of pokesav that is mostly limited to about 2 hours of forum browsing and 3 youtube videos) to Point B, which is where I can accomplish what I set out to do. That is, being able to create and edit Pokemon for my HG version, using my ARDS, and do a good job at that.

That's not all.

On my way to Point B, I also need to learn how to accomplish the feat (or at least people make it seem like a feat) of creating and editing Legendary Pokemon like Suicune, as well as Pokemon such as Heatran, Celebi, and Rotom who cannot be obtained in HG version. I need to make these guys look legit.

Easily done :P.

Alright, here's what I understand so far:

-I need to obtain my SID using Action Replay

This code turms your money into your SID:

94000130 FFF30000

62111880 00000000

B2111880 00000000

DA000000 00000086

D6000000 00000088

D2000000 00000000

Hold start and select - you must have 5 digits of money, so go give your mum some money if you're over 5 digits.

-I need to have the game knowledge to create legitimate pokemon (ie no WonderTomb, Hatched pokemon in anything other than a Pokeball, etc)

Serebii - Look at all legal movesets and how they are obtained. Go to the events page on there to see which pokemon hold what etc etc.

Not much, eh? I still don't know WTF these HexaDecimal thingies are, I still don't know how to make a pokemon like Heatran for my HG version and make it look legit (it seems a lot more complicated than making say a random Salamence that I "hatched").

Forget hexadecimal, come back to it when you have a bit more experience just getting used to making legal pokemon the easy way. This is done two ways -Pokegen - this tool is like pokesav but takes out the need of understanding hexadecimal. It works on drop down box basis. Making a normal pokemon is easily done and mostly just comes out of using common sense. (for instance you won't find sudowoodo In the water).

For making it pokemon that have been palparked, you make the pokemon legally as it would appear in the predecessing games, then change the location met to pal park (You'll see what I mean when you make it).

A little word of wisdom however, it is ALOT easier if you just make the pokemon into the egg then hatch the egg. This way egg moves that you put on the pokemon will be legal, and when it hatches the pokedex will verify that you have caught the pokemon, and update itself accordingly. If you don't hatch the pokemon then the pokedex won't be updated. (think of it this way, if you teleport into a room, no amount of cameras will capture you entering the room, because they haven't seen you enter... understandable?) :D

For making event pokemon that are obtainable in the game you're playing, go to Events section (Here you can also find every pokemon in .PKM form, these are to be loaded into PokeGen and edited as you see fit) on the website, grab the event you want (the green guy one for picking it up in the mart) and load it into this tool > > > Mystery Gift Editor. Instrusctions should be in the thread how to use it.

With pokegen, so long as you follow it through properly and with common sense, you should always be able to make the pokemon you want and so that it is legal. If you get stuck with pokegen make sure to read the tool tips. Or come back and ask and anyone here'll try to help best they can :D.

To be honest, I haven't even attempted a hack yet out of fear that I might mess something up and corrupt my HG save file, or just make a really bad hackjob.

So this is where there very helpful people of this board come in. I'm lost. I have no direction. I like to say redundant things.

I'm begging you all (and I won't stop until I learn how to do this!).

We all got to start somewhere, I hope this helps :).

I've gtg for a little bit so hopefully someone can do a better job than me xD.