PokeGen and GTS?

Djidane

Hi people !

Well, I explain my "problem".

I received a Heatran on GTS, that's ok.

I transform it in Shaymin. I do it fine, I think.

Right PID with PokeGen, right move et co.

But ... When I want trade it on GTS, that's impossible "You can't trade ...".

That's not my first pokemon with this and in general they past.

The file here. Thanks a lot if you find the problem. (and explain me if possible. x))

Shaymin.pkm

Shaymin.pkm

Uh ? Sems problem with a legit Shaymin ?

(In fact, lot of lengendary are impossible to find in GTS, or I'm unlucky oO)

So, my shaymin is correct ? x)

Ow, a bit question about PokeGen, I see your link so I suppose you know this program.

When I want to save a .sav that's ok but when I re-opend the sems sav that's invalid and I can't use the .sav ...

I save normaly. What's wrong ? x_x

Edited by Djidane
more question

(In fact, lot of lengendary are impossible to find in GTS, or I'm unlucky oO)

As I said, I think they're blocked.

So, my shaymin is correct ? x)

I didn't thoroughly check it. I just checked the few things that I know the GTS validates, and they were right.

Ow, a bit question about PokeGen, I see your link so I suppose you know this program.

When I want to save a .sav that's ok but when I re-opend the sems sav that's invalid and I can't use the .sav ...

I save normaly. What's wrong ? x_x

It's possible, but very unlikely at this point, that PokeGen itself is corrupting your save file. It's hard for me to answer your question without knowing more about what you're doing. The save file currently needs to be >= 512KB.

"It's possible, but very unlikely at this point, that PokeGen itself is corrupting your save file. It's hard for me to answer your question without knowing more about what you're doing. The save file currently needs to be >= 512KB. "

Normal .sav 512kb from R4 (for DS tank) 1.18 with ysmenu.

That's a korean .sav. (pokesav corrupt names trainer and pokemon <<)

"The only legendary that is blocked from GTS is Arceus.

Your Shaymin needs the Fateful Encounter flag checked. "

Ok for Fateful, I correct.

Yes for Arceus but well ... I don't find Shaymin, Jirachi or other legendary like them.

Really I don't know, that's the first time I have this problem. x)

Hu, deleted since a moment. ^^"

I have this problem only with my korean save.

But well, I restart my game and try again. x)

Thanks and ... Cya. =D

Edit: I tried to trade the shaymin with "fateful encounter" actived.

That's work. Thanks again man. ;)

I reedit if I fix the problem with korean version and PokeGen.

Edited by Djidane

That's not the problem ...

My first question isn't with a korean version; that's about my Shaymin create with PokeGen. (GTS went not my Shaymin)

I know the "rules" to trade with Korean but here I ask why korean save are corrupt with PokeGen. (That's a second question)

No more question, this topic can to be close.

Edit: I tried to trade the shaymin with "fateful encounter" actived.

That's work. Thanks again man. ;)

It must be more stringent with Shaymin in particular for some reason then. The typical checks that I've found the GTS to perform were satisfied in my tests, with Fateful encounter added, and it wouldn't accept it. I'll try your .pkm file out of curiosity.

Edit: That did work for your Shaymin. I'm not sure what else the GTS is checking on it though.

I reedit if I fix the problem with korean version and PokeGen.

Again, if you could upload the save file, it's almost guaranteed to allow me to fix any potential problems.

The GTS checks all the Data for Shaymin such as the Moves, Ribbons, IV, EV, Met at Lv, Met at Location, Hex Values, ID No, PID and SID.

So if any of those are incorrect, you will not be able to trade over a Shaymin. Shaymin is not blocked at all and the only Pokémon that is blocked is Arceus.

I traded my Space Deoxys for a Shaymin on my SoulSilver that was caught in D/P/PL via GTS.

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly, Shaymin in HG/SS is different from the Shaymin in D/P/PL. The GTS in HG/SS is more complicated when sending Shaymin and Arceus. I beleive that Arceus is not blocked, but the reason why people never request an Arceus on the GTS is because nobody has a Legit and Legal Arceus. Plus there has not been any actual Events for Arceus as of yet.

You can see several Request and Trade Offers for Shaymin in HG/SS, if this is the case, then that means you can Trade or Recieve a Shaymin in HG/SS via GTS.

It is not likely to be Pokegen, but is likely your Shaymin that is the problem.

The reason why you never find any Arceus on the GTS is because they blocked it.

We can put it up for offer, but nobody can see it.

And if someone is asking for one, I believe their offer will simply not be shown.