Couple of Pokegen questions

Ryuuk

If I make a code for AR for Soul Silver which generates a whole team (or more then one Pokemon) is there anyway I can save all the data and not just the first one?

And even tho I have put all my trainer details in (OT name, ID and Secret ID) something changes in the Secret ID so they now all act like Traded monsters apart from one (a starptor from Pewter City) - why is this? and is there anyway i can make Monsters that are not traded or 'apparantly met'?

thanks for the help

If I make a code for AR for Soul Silver which generates a whole team (or more then one Pokemon) is there anyway I can save all the data and not just the first one?

Export the codes as XML via the File menu, assuming I'm understanding what you want.

And even tho I have put all my trainer details in (OT name, ID and Secret ID) something changes in the Secret ID so they now all act like Traded monsters apart from one (a starptor from Pewter City) - why is this? and is there anyway i can make Monsters that are not traded or 'apparantly met'?

You're probably not using the right trainer name characters. If you're using the US version of the game, don't use the character map unless it's a character you can't type in normally.

When ever I go to 'save [save File]' or save [save file] as' it says I cant save the file until ive loaded it, but how can I load something if i cant save it? I mean like save data like you would a word doc

And ive got the name right, unless its Caps sensitive

Once again, ty for the advice - I just want to make sure I know what im doing so I can get things right

and does the Pokerus Virus cause boosted exp?

When ever I go to 'save [save File]' or save [save file] as' it says I cant save the file until ive loaded it, but how can I load something if i cant save it? I mean like save data like you would a word doc

When you save something in Microsoft Word, you're providing all of the information it needs. Trying to save a save file without having loaded one first isn't doing that. There's MUCH more to a save file than just the Pokemon data, and PokeGen doesn't magically fill that in for you.

And ive got the name right, unless its Caps sensitive

It's case sensitive.

and does the Pokerus Virus cause boosted exp?

No, but this isn't related to the program.

Ok, sorry - I wasnt aware of that

Okies, just making sure (I know ive got that bit right) - so im guessing the reason my monsters are acting as traded monsters even with my details because it is messing up the Secret ID? I read the first number of a Secret ID is always '0' so it would be 0XXXX - or is that just me being a moron again? :confused:

Ok, thought it might of been seeing as you can choose to give a Pokemon the Virus or if it has recovered

I read the first number of a Secret ID is always '0' so it would be 0XXXX - or is that just me being a moron again? :confused:

Are you reading this on these forums somewhere? If so, can you link the thread so I can post there? Whoever said you need to provide a leading 0 obviously didn't do well in math in school. A leading 0 does absolutely nothing to a number mathematically, which is all the program cares about.

• 3 months later...
You know, I'm having the same problem, except I'm just copying my secret ID from my game. Would using pokesav, to change both your IDs, affect if the generated pokemon is considered traded or not?

It's not just the IDs that affect whether or not a Pokemon is seen as traded. The trainer name must be identical, the trainer gender must match, and both IDs must match.

Ok, well I tried fixing the characters, but it's still treating my team as traded pokemon; so what now?

If you're using an emulator, take a screenshot of the trainer name of a Pokemon you caught in-game and show me here. Then paste what you're using as the trainer name in PokeGen. If you're not using an emulator, uploading your save file would help, if you can. (As well as a copy of the .pkm file.)