Hyper GTS Problem

Hello everybody- new to the forums!

I have just found out about the whole GTS trick, and have been trying to get it to work all morning. I understand all of the instructions, but something isn't going quite right.

I have already changed the DNS to the number it tells me to, and when connecting to the GTS, it works like a charm- but it never sends me the Pokemon. I have tried a number of different PKM files and none of them ever go through. It just carries on like a normal GTS. I'm not getting any error codes or anything like that, and I have verified that the DNS is on the connection that I am using. I've tried the traditional method and the Hyper GTS program and both do the exact same thing- it reads the DNS fine but I never receive Pokemon.

Apologies if this has been asked a million times, but I'm out of ideas!

Thanks,

Eric:bidoof:

Okay, so you're 100 percent sure you sent the .pkm files? If so, you might want to check your DS settings and see if you entered the information right. The first time I tried, I forgot to hit the "Save Settings" button, haha.

And also, are ports 80 and 53 forwarded? Check your router settings to see if they are.

And could your firewall be blocking the connection?

Just try those things.

To check your ports there should be a program that checks them, the one that I used I think I found in the GTS Research Forum, near where HyperGTS was posted. You run it, and it tells if the correct ports are open. There's lots of programs and websites like that, it shouldn't be hard to find one.