What do I need?

Poe15

I want to be able to check the Pokemon I'm traded in Pokesav instead of asking others to do it for me. I have a DSi XL and an Action Replay, is that enough? or do I need something else?

Any guide around on how to just check a .pkm file from the game to my PC? Google isn't being very helpful.

If you can upload the .pkm then just use this legality checker - http://projectpokemon.org/editing/legalitychecker.php

Outside of that I'm not really sure. There might be an online one where you can enter in all the information that you have on the pokemon and it will decide if it's legal or not, but I don't know. Google is your best friend, try 'pokemon legality checker' or something like that.

Maybe I'm wording it wrong. I want to be able to put a .pkm file from my game onto my action replay, so I can check it on my computer via Pokesav. Is that possible?

I spent an hour searching google before I asked here. Not having any luck.

You know when you ask someone on the gamefaqs trade forum if they can check you Pokemon. They have you trade it to them, then they check it on their computer via Pokesav. That's what I want to do, but I'm not sure what I need to do it and I cannot find any info anywhere.

Yes it is, first, you will need to create a .pkm file. Second, you will need to turn it into an AR code by using Pokesav. Third, you will then need to upload the AR code into your AR DSi/DS Manager. Fourth, you will need to transfer the code via AR DSi/DS Manager and AR DSi/DS using the USB/Mini USB. Finally, save the code and insert your Pokemon Game and tada.

Ok then do this, first, create a .pkm file and save it onto a Micro SD Card using an Micro SD Card Adaptor and a SD Card Reader. Second, Insert the Micro SD Card into the AR DSi and save your file. Third, transfer the save file onto the Micro SD Card by using the SD Card Reader and plug the SD Card Reader inside the PC USB Port. Fourth, open up the save file from your PC and tada.

[Game Stop]

AR DSi = $21.00 - $26.00

SD Card Reader = $14.99

Micro SD Card = $10.00 - $20.00

Micro SD Card Adapter = Comes with the Micro SD Card

I recommend reading the whole thread if you have no clue what fake/custom GTS servers are, especially starting from here.

If you don't feel courageous enough for that, there are some other topics that can help: GTS Servers and (Valid) Pokemon Creation for Dummies and GTS: website research (support thread).

Instructions for my GTS Server can be found in the post of version 0.2 (the link I gave you in my previous post was for version 0.3, but I didn't repeat the usage of the program).

You set it up the same way as sendpkm, but its purpose is to get .pkm files from the game, not to send them.

It still needs a DNS server, you can find mine here too.

Good luck! :biggrin: