No$GBA Soul Silver & Pokesav Troubles - Please Help

Rinduri

Hello all, I have quite an interesting problem (or so it is to me, albeit frustrating), regarding hacking a Soul Silver ROM with No$GB and was wondering if I could get some help.

I'm having trouble creating a pokemon and getting it to appear in-game, among other things. I've read up on some guides and watched quite a few videos and yet I still cannot figure out that problem. I'm going to post a screenshot of the pokemon to see if you guys can point out any obvious errors on my part.

von3t5.jpg

Now by just using that and exporting the code I originally had my game crash every time when clicking OK on the AR cheats menu in No$GBA. I later checked and found out that all the ribbons were selected, so I undid that and changed the EVs around a bit, and now it won't crash. However, when I press L + R in the game nothing happens. I've tried loading the pokemon in slot 1 and 2, and tried a box as well but it just won't appear. And yes, I did select when outputting the code that I changed slot 1 or 2 or whatever I changed and the number in the party. As for that number, I tried both 1 and 2 on multiple times as I'm not sure if they mean total without the hack or just the pokemon you are going to use with pokesav (I have a party member in slot 1).

So, I figured I'd try the alternative method which seemed to work for people whose AR codes weren't working - saves. I backed up my save, and, because I didn't know whether or not to load the save into pokesav or if I didn't need it and could just create a new one, tried both. However, upon loading I get a suspiciously high amount of missing or incorrect values of which I'm not sure what to make. Here's a screenshot.

34eynao.jpg

And yes, like I said, this is AFTER loading the save. Now I'm no expert but I think this is the main problem with it not working at what happens when I load up a pokesav-edited save (more on that in a bit). If it does matter, my saves are 521KB as opposed to the 512KB which is selected. Not sure how to change that.

Either way I've tried loading my scyther and moding the save file and then loading it up, per the instructions. Well, when I do this it completely erases my currently saved game and I have to start from scratch. Not only that, but there is no scyther in my party when I get access to the pokemon menu.

Here's what I've concluded:

- I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the party slots, as I tried loading the scyther into each slot just to see if it would appear SOMEWHERE.

- I figure there is a problem somewhere with the scyther itself, as it doesn't appear in either of the hacking methods.

- I also figure that the reason behind it erasing my save is because when I load my non-hacked one it doesn't have any data at all, and therefore the hack writes over it accordingly.

Now, for the record, I have used pokesav for other things that worked. In particular I removed all my TMs/HMs so I could get past the woman outside the 5th gym leader who wouldn't stop talking until she gave you HM02. When I did this (with an AR code, mind you) I was left with 99x Heavy Balls without a picture in my TMs/HMs bag but besides that it worked properly. Then, using a standard all-TM/HM code the Heavy Balls disappeared.

Anyway it's quite frustrating. I've literally been sitting here for hours trying to troubleshoot through it myself, and I'm at a loss. Can one of you help me? I'd be happy to provide more screenshots and I also have TeamViewer if it is convenient. I just don't want to spend my entire life looking for a shiny scyther lol.