First timer here, want to know if I'm doing right...

Poe15

New to this Pokesav stuff, looked like fun being able to make whatever you want. I've run them through the legality check thing and everything comes up ok.

But now as I lurk more around here I'm seeing stuff about Type 1 only being legit, Trashbytes(??), hex values, etc

I know for sure I picked Types higher than 1 for some of the hatched Pokemon I made, here's a couple. Am I doing anything wrong? Thank you in advance...

Gible.pkm

Riolu.pkm

Gible.pkm

Riolu.pkm

I plan to try the other methods soon, want to read more about it.

Hatched seemed the easiest, so I went with that.

Thank you for the response though.

Oh yeah, is it normal to say "Egg apparently hatched."? I'm making these on Platinum and then trading them to Soul Silver.

But don't get into the habit of making everything an egg. It's going to look fishy

How so? As long as there aren't any obvious mistakes, like a hatched legendary, a team of hatched pokémon would look perfectly legitimate to most people. A lot of people breed extensively to get good IVs and natures, especially for pokémon that are difficult to catch or that you only have one of. Only someone who took the time to look at it with Pokésav would see that the PID doesn't match up.

A team of all shinies, or all 31 IVs, is a lot fishier IMO, as it would require a huge amount of grinding to do.

How so? As long as there aren't any obvious mistakes, like a hatched legendary, a team of hatched pokémon would look perfectly legitimate to most people. A lot of people breed extensively to get good IVs and natures, especially for pokémon that are difficult to catch or that you only have one of. Only someone who took the time to look at it with Pokésav would see that the PID doesn't match up.

A team of all shinies, or all 31 IVs, is a lot fishier IMO, as it would require a huge amount of grinding to do.

There are some things you just cannot achieve with an egg. Not every single frame has a 31/31/31/x/31/31 or any combination of 31/a/b/ what have you iv chance. Sure, the game is fooled into thinking that it's legit, but that doesn't trick other people if he intended to trade them. Furthermore, pokemon can take days and 100's of tries to get the correct nature / moves / iv's in an egg even legitimately. So, for everything to be just the way he liked and in egg form automatically should raise a black flag in anybody's mind.

I have no intentions of trading, I'm just doing it for my own personal fun.

The people who RNG abuse get perfect Pokemon all the time thru breeding, right?

I always assume you may end up trading them. So my mistake. But yes, people who RNG abuse can get perfect IV eggs easily

• 4 weeks later...

Well on the GTS it will anyway. I'm pretty sure they have some very complicated checking at the official tournaments and such which check your whole game (apparently). Also 1 word of advice when you put the EVs in is make it actually add up to 510. Even though effectively 4/252/252 is no different to 6/252/252, no having those extra 2 EVs makes it look very pokesav'd in my opinion. Also well remembered on the hex values, especially seeing as this is your first time :)