Legality Question

Deathly Shade

Given that we assume the Mersenne Twister that the RNG for eggs uses can produce an unrestricted 4 call combo, this isn't a huge issue. The Mersenne Twister is one of the better RNGs, given Random Number Tests placed against it. It passes fairly good ones, and even with given documentation, we can't manage to tack it down. Since we most likely still seed with 4 bytes, we only take 2 out for the call, we can't catch the overlapping that most Twister variants do.

At this point, for what has been found out, you don't need to worry. Plausibly, we have less than .1% of combos that are illegal, so saying that, at most 1 in 1000 of your scratch-made hatched Pokemon are illegal. For all I know, it could actually be 1 in a million.

If you needed to know, there are 1,073,741,824 unrestricted PID/IV combos.

That's a relief then because I used the PID /IV generator, not manually looking for matching PIDs, for most pkm bc I wanted specfic but not maxed stats, nature, gender etc. So I'm not sure if they're type 1 PIDs or what but they're hatched so they passed... My PID generated hatched Shiny charizard though passes but I'm still kinda unsure about him. The un-hatchable shiny mewtwo I'm after is definately a problem though...

For the Mewtwo, if you don't necessarily care about the SID so much, you can use a program I made: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?8359-Shiny-Pokemon-Program

Just make it legit, and pass through legit.exe, then run the PKM through my program, and it's shiny without altering stats, just the SID.

Sorry for the igorance here... So you're saying that using your program changes my trainer Secret ID or is this SID another hidden pokemon related value like the PID? So after I use your program, legal.exe should say it's legal right? Thanks for the help! Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.