Wifi Help

blux

Ok so here's the situation: I was trading with someone and in a middle of a trade, we both got disconnected (error: 80430). And five minutes ago, I was trading with someone else and this time they weren't able to trade with me. I was easily able to see them on my screen, and the one time i went to trade with them, I got a 80430 error again. It said either they didn't have me registered in their palpad or they had disconnected from wifi. I can see people in my palpad log on, but I can't communicate/get error.

Here's what isn't the problem, as far I've tried out:

-Too much traffic. i have the only ds in my house, and no neighbors are stealing teh internet.

-I'm using WEP key.

-I'm using the standard ports (i.e 1,6, 11)

-Deleted/Acquired my WFC connection

-Deleted/Acquired the trading partners

-Did the old school blowing on the cartridge

Also, I'm using the Standard verizon router (I have fios). And everything has been working fine until midafternoon yesterday. I'm really, really confused and have NO clue.

I'm asking if forum knows what could be the problem?

If you have connected to your wireless before, do not modify your connection. It is probably fine.

The problem is either your end, your friends' end, or Nintendo's servers.

Wi-Fi across all Nintendo products can get a bit slow at peak hours. Think mid afternoon-early evening, when school lets out and people are done with extracurriculars/work.

If you are too far away from the wireless signal, your connection might drop in and out. Unfortunately, the Nintnedo DS has wireless capabilites that are stuck in the year 2002, and the DSi only upgrades to about 2005.

The other possibility is if you or someone in your household downloaded an update for your wireless router, and the firmware update could re-set the settings so that it no longer functions at all with your DS. That'll involve some tinkering, and probably some Google-fu.

Thanks for the response. And it definetly is on my end (my friends didn't seem to have this).

And i did try it at several different hours, but same problem, and I'm not very far from the router.

My google-fu failed miserably, unfortunately, because that is what I feel I'll need. (Although, as far as I'm aware, no new firmware was downloaded.)

I'm just hoping someone on here has some IT knowhow, or experienced this same 80430 error and can help me out.

What about going on http://www.nintendo.com and try searching your error code at the Nintendo Customer Service section.

I went on their several times when I had problems with my Nintendo DSi Browser and I found out useful information. So maybe you can find some useful information there.

Personally, I think its a communication problem. Sometimes Radios, Microwaves, Cell Phones or Cordless Devices can tend to cause communication problems for your connection. Or it can be your Router itself, maybe its corrupted some how. Try going to your Router information and make sure your SSID, IP Adress, Access Point and any other information is the same because the Access Point can always change location. Remember that any Access Point will never stay in the same place forever.

Personally, I think its a communication problem. Sometimes Radios, Microwaves, Cell Phones or Cordless Devices can tend to cause communication problems for your connection. Or it can be your Router itself, maybe its corrupted some how. Try going to your Router information and make sure your SSID, IP Adress, Access Point and any other information is the same because the Access Point can always change location. Remember that any Access Point will never stay in the same place forever.

Unless a router is actually inside a microwave oven, it won't make a difference unless it's on.

Wow thanks for all these responses guys!

Oh and my communication settings haven't been changed at all.

And i did search on nintendo and this (http://goo.gl/kqHz) is specific to my problem.

Now, its not the netgear, or noisy/busy section. i've basically narrowed it down to these possibilities:

- SSID set to default

If the router's SSID is set to the factory default (i.e. the manufacturer's name or "default"), change it to something unique. For example, a favorite baseball player or your last name. For information on how to change this setting, click here and select your router (if available).

-Firewall Info

Your router's firewall may blocking some necessary ports. You may consider adjusting your router's Port Forwarding settings. Each router is unique, so consult the owner's manual for your router or contact the manufacturer for specific information on working with your router's ports. For your information:

You will need to manually assign a new IP address to your Nintendo DS. For step-by-step instructions on how to do this, click here.

If your router prompts for a device or profile name, you can enter anything you like (such as Nintendo DS, etc.).

The starting port to open is 1, the ending port to open is 65535 (or as high as your router will allow).

Protocols will need to be set to UDP only.

Set the IP address for the ports to forward to the same as the DS's static IP.

Now here's the problem. I have no idea what UDP protocol is/does or how to change it, nor do i know if changing my SSID will affect anything/will it affect my other devices like computers.

Oh, and I have no clue how to affect port fowarding nor want to tinkering with my firewall settings without knowing possible consequences.

Ok I now know whats your problem is. Your SSID is changed. So you have to change your SSID by giving it a unique name as said above, but suggest you give the name of your favorite anime for your SSID. No it work affect it, but changes your connection information.

@Questions:

- Will my Router stop working if I change my SSID? No it will only change your Router Connection Information.

- Do I have to make a new connection on my DS when changing the SSID? Yes because your old connection will no longer work.

- Will changing my SSID make all my other computer devices to not work? No it only changes your connection information.

Ok, but I can't trade right now because its night time. So I'll pm you tomorrow with my FC and let you know I'm ready to trade. Plus this is off topic so we need to pm each other about trading.

Or just go to the GTS Global Trade Station and connect to wi-fi there because it will be a lot more easier. I recommend you to head over to the GTS.

Ok. I attempted the GTS and was successfully able to deposit a pokemon (couldn't trade for one because people want crazy things). YES!

I'll attempt a few trades here and there and hopefully it'll show my wifi connection is finally working not being screwy. I'll let you all know if it works out fine.

Haha funny thing. the Wifi isn't really working. I just tired multiple wifi trades but none seemed to work. My partners weren't able to see me.

I guess changing the SSID didn't really help.

Here's the device detail for the DS:

Host: NintendoDS

IP Address: 88888888888

Subnet Mask: 88888888888

MAC Address: 88888888888

Network Connection: Bridge

Lease Type: Dynamic

Port Forwarding Services: None

Windows Shared Folders:

I added port fowarding services for the DS (this might be it). The protocol is this:

KALI - UDP Any -> 2213-2223

UDP Any -> 666

I changed my lease type to static. And i'm not going to mess with the port fowarding much (what i did up there previously was incorrect).

PM me when you have the chance (for testing, if you still want)