Pal Park'd Pokemon

Rabbit_2011

In regards to the values of Met in Place, Hometown, and Hidden Hex Values,

what would those values look like in HGSS in the following scenarios:

1. A Pokemon I Pal-Park'd myself from one of the older games

2. A Pokemon that I traded for that was Pal-Park'd by another trainer

Also will the Trainer Name and ID change to the ones from my HGSS or will they remain intact from where/whom they came from?

Thanks a lot

1. For pokemon you Pal-Parked yourself, Met in Place would be 3002 (Faraway Place), Hometown would be whatever Region/Game you Pal-Parked it from (i.e. Hoenn (Ruby) for Pokemon Ruby), and all the hex values would be 00, except for 46h, which would be 37.

2. For traded pokemon, it would depend on what game you're trading from. For another HGSS game, everything would be the same as in #1. For Platinum, Met in Place would be 55 (Pal Park). For Diamond/Pearl, Met in Place would be 55 (Pal Park) and 46h would be 00 like the rest of the hex values.

I'm fairly certain that the Trainer Name, ID, and SID will remain unchanged from whatever trainer originally caught it in GenIII.

1. For pokemon you Pal-Parked yourself, Met in Place would be 3002 (Faraway Place), Hometown would be whatever Region/Game you Pal-Parked it from (i.e. Hoenn (Ruby) for Pokemon Ruby), and all the hex values would be 00, except for 46h, which would be 37.

2. For traded pokemon, it would depend on what game you're trading from. For another HGSS game, everything would be the same as in #1. For Platinum, Met in Place would be 55 (Pal Park). For Diamond/Pearl, Met in Place would be 55 (Pal Park) and 46h would be 00 like the rest of the hex values.

I'm fairly certain that the Trainer Name, ID, and SID will remain unchanged from whatever trainer originally caught it in GenIII.

Why cant a Pal-Parked pokemon have the met in place as 55 and the 46h 37? That's what I was doing...For Pokemon HG.

From PalParking my Pokemon from Fire Red, I can now say that Rycr is wrong about PalParked Pokemon. The Met In Place is 55, Pal Park, not 3002. The 46h is correct. Also the 86h would be the hex value for the Pokeball it was caught in, i.e. my Rhyhorn from Kanto's Safari Zone is 05. This is for HG/SS. However I do not know about the values from other 4th Gen games, but the Guide is wrong. HG/SS uses 04 for the 86h, not 00.

• 3 weeks later...