Action Replay: Help Required

NicolasDragon94

Hello, My name is Nicolas and I purchased an action replay yesterday.

I have had a few issues with it, and thusly I am asking for help. I will be as clear and concise in this message as possible, as that makes assistance much easier.

The problems:

I could not install the CD, because my cd slot is vertical and the mini cd would fall down. I tried holding my PC sideways, that did not work well either. I also tried installing the cd onto a flash drive, that also did not work. Eventually I managed to download the program online, I forgot where.

I am able to connect my nintendo ds with the action replay to code manager, and I deleted all the codes on the action replay(on purpose). Later, I added soul silver, as well as a few codes, to the action replay. However I had to enter them manually, digit by digit, which was extremely annoying.

All of the codes appear under code manager, but it does not let me edit them, I am unsure if that is normal or not.

I Want to enter several long codes into the action replay via XML, but when I attempt to do so it says cannot open file.

When I try to do the quick update, it says "Could not open file"

Subscriptions constantly says load failed, and I attempted to add a subscription to the quick update, but it did not work.

My custom code list also has a gear underneath it that constantly says load failed.

I want to be able to add codes to my action replay though code manager, so I dont have to spend hours entering them.

What do I have to do to fix the current issue im having? Or what is it im doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Hello, My name is Nicolas and I purchased an action replay yesterday.

I have had a few issues with it, and thusly I am asking for help. I will be as clear and concise in this message as possible, as that makes assistance much easier.

The problems:

I could not install the CD, because my cd slot is vertical and the mini cd would fall down. I tried holding my PC sideways, that did not work well either. I also tried installing the cd onto a flash drive, that also did not work. Eventually I managed to download the program online, I forgot where.

- The best place to download the Action Replay DS software is here. This is the download from Code Junkies, which I use. This comes with the XP compatible drivers and the Vista 32bit & 64bit compatible drivers. If you downloaded your software elseware, the drivers could be your problem.

I am able to connect my nintendo ds with the action replay to code manager, and I deleted all the codes on the action replay(on purpose). Later, I added soul silver, as well as a few codes, to the action replay. However I had to enter them manually, digit by digit, which was extremely annoying.

- You can type in your codes on the Action Replay Code Manager. Just go to the bottom right (My Codelist), right click on your game, and click "Add new cheat".

All of the codes appear under code manager, but it does not let me edit them, I am unsure if that is normal or not.

- This is not normal, and it's mostly likely caused from where you downloaded your software.

I Want to enter several long codes into the action replay via XML, but when I attempt to do so it says cannot open file.

- When I first tried using XML files for adding codes, it also said cannot open file. But, I found the program Action Replay Code Editor, which can be downloaded here. Once your finished, go to "File", and click "Save As". Be careful though, under Notes, don't enter keys like @#$%& and *, or else the XML file will not be reconized and you'll have to start over. :\

When I try to do the quick update, it says "Could not open file"

- Again, probably caused by where you downloaded the program.

Subscriptions constantly says load failed, and I attempted to add a subscription to the quick update, but it did not work.

- Same issue as above.

My custom code list also has a gear underneath it that constantly says load failed.

- Same issue as above.

What do I have to do to fix the current issue im having? Or what is it im doing wrong?

- Overall, you should download the code junkies Code Manager program, and use the Action Replay Code Editor for a large amount of codes you want to update.

Hope this helps. Let me know if your having any problems.