Just a fast question, I noticed something in Pokesav HGSS

Yankeefan802

Heya guys, I have a quick question. I noticed while looking into something in Pokesav HG/SS. That I opened a legend in it, obtained in the Embedded Cave, I was going to dump it on here for you guys, but in Pokesav, it said obtained in a Faraway Place. At this point, I was like wtf. So I checked my game again, and it said the tower. I checked the locations in Pokesav and noticed that none of the areas in HGSS were in it lol. It was only the areas in DPPt. So, if I edit the Pokemon, I'd prefer not to test this since I've got a cart and getting the save out is a hassle. Would the location be Faraway place in game? Or would it stay as the embedded tower?

Thanks in advance.

Heya guys, I have a quick question. I noticed while looking into something in Pokesav HG/SS. That I opened a legend in it, obtained in the Embedded Cave, I was going to dump it on here for you guys, but in Pokesav, it said obtained in a Faraway Place. At this point, I was like wtf. So I checked my game again, and it said the tower. I checked the locations in Pokesav and noticed that none of the areas in HGSS were in it lol. It was only the areas in DPPt. So, if I edit the Pokemon, I'd prefer not to test this since I've got a cart and getting the save out is a hassle. Would the location be Faraway place in game? Or would it stay as the embedded tower?

Thanks in advance.

People really need to look at this thread... no one seems to get it by now. -_-

Anyways, the location for HGSS should ALWAYS be Farawayplace. However, the 46h and 47h is what determines the actual location. Why was it done this way? Because if one wanted to trade from DPP to HGSS, it would seriously mess up the compatibility if HGSS added new location data and traded it back to DPP. If Farawayplace is traded into HGSS, HGSS will search in the 46h and 47h to see if there is an actual location from HGSS. If not (like from Colosseum and xD let's say), it will just show up as Farawayplace.