Pokesav Noob - Please Help

Xiftr

I posted this in another thread but thought it better to make my own as to not hijack the other thread.

Here is what I am doing... (pokesav HGSS version windows ultimate 64. I do not use ROMs - actual game and ARDS)

1)Creating my poke in pokesav according to the many guides I have seen online

2)Telling pokesav to export AR code once I have finalized my created pokemon

3)Opening the XML file in internet explorer

4)Manually typing in the code that the internet XML file is showing me into the Heartgold file I made in my nintendo DS AR inside my DS (Man this takes for freaking ever please tell me I am not supposed to be manually typing in the entire code for each poke

5)Once I have finalized the long code I Check the box for the code I just typed in (ex. Raichu1)

6)Start the game

7)Press L+R and then /wristing myself when nothing happens (however, one time it said bad egg and the egg was in my party but would not hatch... yes I know I suck at AR =*(

Please any help ith this would be sooooooo awesome! What am I doing wrong?

Lastly, is there a AR code manager that should be on my computer? If so maybe that is what i am doing wrong?!

I was just able to make this work a couple of hours ago. Hopefully this will work for you as well. :smile:

1. Install ARDS Code Manager. The mini CD came with the ARDS package.

2. Create the Pokemon using Pokesav. The Pokemon is created under the Storage button.

3. Use the Export ARDS Code button. Select the box and slot number where I created the Pokemon. Click Save XML.

4. Connect the ARDS to the USB drive while it is also inserted to my DS.

5. Open the Action Replay Code Manager.

6. Turn on my DS. The left-hand screen of the Code Manager should update itself and show all the codes currently in the ARDS.

7. On the right-hand, bottom screen, I add the codes by copy-pasting the generated code from the XML file (No need to manually type them in)

8. Update the code list on my DS.

9. Disconnect the cable between my DS and my computer. Only the cable should be disconnected. I don't eject the AR from my DS.

10. Press the Home button on the AR. When the top screen says "Insert Game Cartridge", I eject the AR then pop in my Soul Silver game.

11. Press the "*" button on the AR. Select the codes I want to turn on.

12. Press the "Start" button on the AR. The game should restart.

13. From inside the game, press "L" and "R" together. Release.

14. Go to a PC box and withdraw my new Pokemon.

I've only successfully done this today, and have moved 10 Pokemon from my Platinum sav file from a flash cart to my Soul Silver game. Hopefully it works for you too.

I was just able to make this work a couple of hours ago. Hopefully this will work for you as well. :smile:

1. Install ARDS Code Manager. The mini CD came with the ARDS package.

2. Create the Pokemon using Pokesav. The Pokemon is created under the Storage button.

3. Use the Export ARDS Code button. Select the box and slot number where I created the Pokemon. Click Save XML.

4. Connect the ARDS to the USB drive while it is also inserted to my DS.

5. Open the Action Replay Code Manager.

6. Turn on my DS. The left-hand screen of the Code Manager should update itself and show all the codes currently in the ARDS.

7. On the right-hand, bottom screen, I add the codes by copy-pasting the generated code from the XML file (No need to manually type them in)

8. Update the code list on my DS.

9. Disconnect the cable between my DS and my computer. Only the cable should be disconnected. I don't eject the AR from my DS.

10. Press the Home button on the AR. When the top screen says "Insert Game Cartridge", I eject the AR then pop in my Soul Silver game.

11. Press the "*" button on the AR. Select the codes I want to turn on.

12. Press the "Start" button on the AR. The game should restart.

13. From inside the game, press "L" and "R" together. Release.

14. Go to a PC box and withdraw my new Pokemon.

I've only successfully done this today, and have moved 10 Pokemon from my Platinum sav file from a flash cart to my Soul Silver game. Hopefully it works for you too.

I will test this when I get back in town. Thanks a lot!

So - I had to do this on my computer with XP 32bit so the driver would work

In the bottom right of the code manager... when I tell it to create a new game, it wants a game name, game code, and game ID.

I have no idea what the game code is ....

Help suggestions ?

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?7898-A-Few-Simple-Pokesav-Related-Questions-for-HG-Codes

Some answers were made here, it helped me out. You may want to take a look to get a better handle on how to make pokemon appear like they're from HG/SS/make them your's/etc. Next, make sure you're using the NON COMPACT version of HG/SS Pokesav,otherwise the codes won't work. You should be able to copy and paste the code into the AR, without typing much.

So - I had to do this on my computer with XP 32bit so the driver would work

In the bottom right of the code manager... when I tell it to create a new game, it wants a game name, game code, and game ID.

I have no idea what the game code is ....

Help suggestions ?

Do you have anything at the top right portion of the AR Code Manager? What I did was drag the folder called CodeJunkies US Games to the "My Codelists" section. Then I delete all the games except Pokemon Soul Silver. From there, I can right-click on the Pokemon Soul Silver folder and select Add New Cheat.

If you don't have anything at the "Subscriptions" section, you can subscribe to the following addresses:

US sub: http://us.codejunkies.com/nds_actionreplay/xml/default_codelist_us.asp

EU sub: http://us.codejunkies.com/nds_actionreplay/xml/default_codelist_eu.asp

JP sub: http://us.codejunkies.com/nds_actionreplay/default_codelist_jp.asp