Self Made Trainer ID and SID - Possible?

Cinder Twig

Is it possible to create a Trainer ID and SID and make a shiny Pokemon in Pokesav while keeping it legal? I'm trying to make a Faraway Island Mew for myself. :3 <3

I'm not sure how to get an OT for it though, or the SID to make it a legal shiny.

Advice or help is appreciated! If it can't be done, let me know, ha ha. If there's a way to get one of the IDs though, I'd love to know how.

I've been away from Pokesav for a while too, and I was wondering how to make a Pokemon HEX appear as if it's come from the Pal Park? I totally forgot how. ;-;

Thanks!

Edit: Oh! I was also wondering if the new HGSS Pokesav is "backwards compatible," so to say. Are the AR codes only for HGSS, or can you make them for DPPt? Thanks again!

Edited by Cinder Twig

For the shiny question: if you have free reign over the Trainer ID and SID, a quick way to do it is to set the Trainer ID equal to the PID divided by 65536, and set the Secret ID to the PID modulo 65536 (meaning, divide by 65536 and take the remainder). This will look "fishy" to someone examining the Pokemon data directly (since the PID and the trainer ID are an exact match), but it's still legal; it's technically possible, if unlikely, for such a thing to exist legitimately. If you want something a little more robust, try this quick script - enter the PID of the Pokemon in, and it'll give you a Trainer ID and SID to use that should result in a shiny.

For the Pal Park question: it depends what game brought the Pokemon over. If it was migrated via Diamond/Pearl, all hidden hex values should just be 00s. Otherwise, set 46h to "37" and everything else to 00.

Wow, this program seems quite useful. Can the files be dropped into the Trash Bytes and Legality Checker programs to check if a Pokemon looks legal?

Yes, they're no different than all the other .pkm files you get elsewhere. However, I would expect that it isn't 100% capable of generating legal Pokemon at the moment. (It'll get there, I just need more information.) If you have problems getting it to show as legal, feel free to post in the thread about it and I'll see what I can do.