PokeSav Wont work with Pokemon Soul Silver on AU version

izzyreb02

Hay all,

I know this is sudden since it only got released today but apparently I have the AU version of the game while the other 2 (Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Platium) are the Amercian version.

I have the NDS Adapter as well to transfer the saves to the PC and Im using a laptop to do this since all my other comps have Windows 7 64 bit while the NDS Adapter supports xp only so the laptop is the only one with xp on it.

I made a save name file and add the word .sav at the end but when I use Pokemon Soul silver save it didnt show the pokemon I have or neither my Name.

Will there be a fix to this soon. I wish i got the Amercian version on the game so i could use the Action replay codes but apparently they arent made out yet for the AU version.

All i want is to get a bit of stuff and thats it >.<

I think I kno why now. Its becoz I need to get the NDS Adaptor Plus... Coz they did sumthing to the soul silver and heart gold cartidage and that is why it didnt extract my save files properly.

Oh man more money going down the drain. :frown:

What code thing does your cartridge say for you on the Action Replay screen? Like if you start up Action Replay and don't have the SS cheaps on it, it should display some weird code.

And i'm using Action Replay Code Manager on this computer (which is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit) and i'm sending codes to my US version of the game just fine - granted it took about a week before I managed to figure out how to get it to work - but the bigger problem for me is that PokeSAV is just totally screwed up and I can't make any legitimate pokemon on my US version - i've been trying for over a week and all the stupid codes do is freeze my game.

Anyway, get back to me with that version code if you can. =P

What you mean the code thing? If you mean the action replay Ds itself? Everytime I manage to switch cartidage it manages to reset itself. Its up to date but it wont work with soul silver or proberly neither on Gold heart either due that

I hear they managed to do sumthing to the cartidage itself on where the NDS Adaptor Plus managed to by pass through and able to back up soul silver and heart gold as it should be and able to use pokesav with no problems

I may need to purchase a DSI Action replay one as it does support DS as well to work on it.

ok I deleted the codes from my Action replay and it shows IPGE-2D5118CA

Now isnt that the US version? Cause I use the amercian version codes but everytime i placed the game in once the Action Replay Screen says Insert game cartidage the DS Resets itself.

Yea but u got the US version while I have the AU version? Arent they different aneway.

On the Pokesav Bit. The NDS Adaptor itself isnt able to back up the save file properly on soul silver or Heart Gold cause Nintendo or Gamefreak or what ever that did it actually didd sumthing that NDS Adaptor cant back up the save files properly cause when you do it shows 1.00MB File. But they made a NDS Adaptor plus that supports fully on Pokemon Soul Silver and Heart Gold.

The ebayer that sold me my game said it was the 'australian' version, he shipped it and i received it on the 18th - it clearly says "USA" on the front of the cartridge but as far as I know DS games are region free so it doesn't really matter if it's the AUZ or EU version.

I'm not sure what you mean by backing up the game, if you mean coping the save from your DS soul silver game and placing the save on to your computer incase the game screws up.. then i've never done that before.. So I doubt I can help you with it.

when you say "NDS Adapter" are you referring to the usb-to-AR cable? or something entirely different..

--

if the codes copy from the computer to the AR fine then I doubt pokesav is the problem.

if the ds resets or turns off after you remove the AR DS and insert the game, then i'd say the AR DS is broken, the DS is broken, or the Pokemon SS cartridge is dodgy.

Because yeah, i'm using the same "Pokemon SS cartridge/version as you."

I have "Action Replay Code Manager" (installed on this computer, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit)

I'm using Action Replay DS, (the old version where you have to turn the game on with the cartridge in, then remove it and insert the DS game).

You're not having any problems sending the PokeSAV codes from Action Replay Code Manager to the Action Replay cartridge right?

Ok i make things more clearly lol.

I got a NDS Adapter that you can back up your saves to the PC. So with that you can use pokesav or any Nintendo DS editing program to edit your saves.

The problem is that With this type of version of my NDS Adapter I am no longer able to back up my saves and able to edit it with poke sav since I need to get the NDS Adapter Plus.

I have trouble with my Action replay codes and cheats since every time I switch cartidage to the soul silver the DS itself resets and I am no longer to use the cheats with Action Replay.

That is why I am trying to do Method 2, which is using poke sav. But as u can see it wont work with the DS Adapter since the creators that made soul silver and heart gold did sum changes. Look up google and type NDS Adapter Plus. You would see how it works. Its a USB that you put in the PC and you put ur DS game on the other end so you can backup your saves on to the PC.

What you mean its broken. The Action Replay works with my other games fine when I switch cartidage with my other games on Action Replay

OMG.. I figured out how to work it.

Its the cartidage itself.

If I shake it normally u culd tell sumthing is shaky inside there so what I did was when I switch the cartidage I had to make sure it wont shake or do a rattle noise when I switch it inside and just place it in gently just for it to detect it.