RM Pokemon?:- NFE Chimchar

Ok.

Well, tbh, NFE pokemons are the cutest ever.

So i wanna have one on my Team.

However, there's gonna be A LOT of pokemons that could easily kick the butt of any NFE pokemons.

Therefore, i have to bear in mind i'll need a pokemons that can counter.

In the end, i went for Chimchar, seeing as i've loved him from the start, and he's always been in my party ingame, and also, i havent evolved him to monferno or infernape during the course of the game up until the battle frontier.

So, here is my Chimchar.

Would appreciate any feedback/improvements.

Chimchar (M)

Lvl: 100

Nature: Mild (+Sp.Attack, -Def)

Item: Focus Sash - I have the ability to atleast withstand one round without getting KO'ed.

IVs: 31

EV'd: 6 HP / 252 Sp.Attack / 252 Speed

Moveset:

Flamethrower

Vacuumwave

Thunderpunch (read the rest of the topic)

Nasty Plot

So, i have a Chimchar, with a reasonable good speed, and excelling in its Special Attack.

I wont get OHKO'd, due to my Focus Sash, enabling me to use Nasty Plot, to boost its Sp.Attack even further.

Then, after, i can deal even more damage with Flamethrower.

The point of Vacuumwave, is that its a priority move, meaning that it'll hit first, unless the other pokemon has a higher speed and ALSO uses a priorty move. So, if im ever in the position where KO is adamant, i can knock off a few more HP points and weaken the opponent.

Thunderpunch?

Well my Chimchar has an 'average' attack, so its an awful move for him, but i cant get a 4th move for him, so i went for thunderpunch.

Whaddya guys think?

Edits in: Bold

Chimchar (M)

Lvl: 100

Nature: Timid (+Speed, - Attack

Item: Focus Sash - I have the ability to atleast withstand one round without getting KO'ed.

IVs: 31

EV'd: 6 HP / 252 Sp.Attack / 252 Speed

Moveset:

Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Vacuumwave

Hidden Power Electric

Nasty Plot

As Chimchar has nasty plot you can sacrifice the +nature and instead take the +speed nature so you can get the jump on goldeen, remoraid and Carvana (dunno if they are used much or not but they are both strong counters who otherwise out speed you), similarly hidden power electric after a nasty plot or so should OHKO the aforementioned Pokes. So again you sacrifice the initial base power for so much more when factoring in the nasty plot boosts :D.

You could also run fire blast, if a max HP chinchou switches into a +2 fire blast (52.5% - 62.1%) and then takes a +2 Vaccum wave (23.7% - 28%) after SR damage (12.5%) there's the possibility that you can Ko it before you take any damage, where as you lose that with flamethrower. And it's the same story for a max HP staryu, though you don't need SR damage for staryu. Staryu also outspeeds you, but again, if it switches into a boosted fire blast and then vaccum wave it won't have a chance to damage you.