Help Setting-up NDS Trainer Toolkit on Windows 7 64-bit

YuzuruHitokiri

Does anyone know how to install the Trainer Toolkit on a 64-bit system?...

I've googled many combinations of words to try to find out how, but I've come up with nothing...

My current status:

HP Pavilion dv7 "Entertainment PC" Laptop

-Intel core i7 Processor

(Has more than enough of all the requirements for installation)

Trainer Toolkit Software Installed

-No driver installed (I do have the original disc and I've checked had windows check it for the driver several times... Windows has told me that it could not find a "compatible x64 driver on the disc"... I've even tried using the ripped installation files available here.)

Any suggestions?...

2.c. Installing the Trainer Software

Insert the Trainer Software CD into your drive and wait for the installation to auto-run. If autorun

is not enabled on your PC, browse to the CD and double-click the SETUP file.

Follow the onscreen prompts to install the Trainer Software on your PC. Once set-up is

complete, you have a new program folder, ‘Datel > Trainer Toolkit’. If opted for during

installation, a program icon for ‘Trainer Toolkit’ appears on your desktop.

Driver Installation

The drivers for the Trainer Board are included on the installation CD, but are not automatically

installed by Windows.

When you connect the Trainer Board to your PC, you’re prompted to install the drivers. To do

so, direct Windows to the Trainer Software CD, which you should leave in your drive during

this process.

Does that help at all?

It's possible that they don't offer 64bit drivers, in which case you're really out of luck.

I tried that a few times... That's where Windows told me that there wasn't a 64bit driver on the media...

I do think they have a 64-bit driver though... They have a special installation of the AR Code Manager hidden on the codejunkies site for Vista (and Windows 7 apparently...) and that works just fine...

I haven't been on this forum recently and just discovered your question. If you haven't solved your problem by now, then here is what I learned about a year ago. Datel doesn't make "signed" drivers. Windows Vista, all versions, requires signed drivers. I do not know for sure, but the direction that Microsoft has gone is towards more security and this would make me believe that "signed" drivers are also required by Windows 7. I even contacted Datel about this problem and they confirmed that their drivers were not signed. Thus, as far as I know the NDS Trainer software still only works on Windows XP. I do not know whether or not the NDS software would run on a XP emulator under Windows 7.

I have several peripherals running on unsigned drivers without issues. It's just a small annoyance is all. When I'm installing them (the drivers) Windows will pop up a prompt asking me if i REALLY want to use unsigned drivers, and I just click the "yeah, whatever" button.

Paraphrasing a bit of course but I think you get the gist of it. =P