Pokemon Ranger 3: File Structure Analysis

I noticed something when uncompressing the ROM. Apparently PR3 (Tracks of Light btw) has a file structure unlike D/P/Pt/HG/SS. Yes, this is obvious because Nintendo tries to stump translators/hackers. From what I can tell based on the ROM's files only 8 files haven't changed:

1) Sound Data (Duh, I dunno any nintendo game that hasn't named their sound data *.sdat)

2) Utility.bin (Not sure if the encryption stayed the same, but the filename is the same)

3) Arm7, Arm9, Banner, Header, Overarm7, and Overarm9.bin

And everything else has been compressed differently than before. Including the map data, which apparently has it's own folder now with all of the maps not in a single file like DPtHGSS had, instead they're all in there with their own files. There is also a completely new filetype (no longer *.NARC) but rather *.ACF other than the files I mentioned above. And finally, there are only 34 overlay files unlike DPtHGSS which had...lord...I think it was 100 overlays. Anyways I'm sure it was at least 75, so Nintendo's got a new encryption method.

Even so I figured out the new title structure and was able to translate the text saying: "Pokemon Ranger Tracks of Light [made by] Nintendo".

So...why make this thread? I was hoping we could analyze the filetypes to figure out some sorta way to translate it. I mean, even spinoffs deserve a translation (right?).

Thank you for listening,

Px

Edited by SCV