Issues with injecting save file onto REPRO Emerald Rom

Hello all! Hopefully this is the right forum for this, if not I apologize. My friend purchased some repro carts and wanted to see if editing save files was possible. I followed two tutorials to get my emerald rom dumped. GBABF did not work, so I followed this tutorial which helped me dump my rom and get the save extractor working. I edited the emerald rom save file, injected it onto the rom, and flashed the rom back to my cart using Burn2Slot, only to find out no changes have been made. I restarted the process, but used an emulator (VBA) to verify if the save editing was working or not. On the emulator, after importing a save file, it will load the save that is stored on the repro cart (which makes sense since save files are stored on the rom and not separate). Although I injected the edited save file onto the rom and also imported the save file using an emulator, it still shows my unedited save file. Even if I extract the rom after injection, it will just show my unedited save file still in both save file 0 & 1. Is the program simply not injecting the save file or am I doing something wrong? I attached my save files as well. Please let me know how I should proceed 

save0-2024-03-19 17-54-08-0xFC0000-halfpatched.sav save1-2024-03-19 17-54-08-0x1FC0000-halfpatched.sav

21 hours ago, phteven said:

Hello all! Hopefully this is the right forum for this, if not I apologize. My friend purchased some repro carts and wanted to see if editing save files was possible. I followed two tutorials to get my emerald rom dumped. GBABF did not work, so I followed this tutorial which helped me dump my rom and get the save extractor working. I edited the emerald rom save file, injected it onto the rom, and flashed the rom back to my cart using Burn2Slot, only to find out no changes have been made. I restarted the process, but used an emulator (VBA) to verify if the save editing was working or not. On the emulator, after importing a save file, it will load the save that is stored on the repro cart (which makes sense since save files are stored on the rom and not separate). Although I injected the edited save file onto the rom and also imported the save file using an emulator, it still shows my unedited save file. Even if I extract the rom after injection, it will just show my unedited save file still in both save file 0 & 1. Is the program simply not injecting the save file or am I doing something wrong? I attached my save files as well. Please let me know how I should proceed 

save0-2024-03-19 17-54-08-0xFC0000-halfpatched.sav 128 kB · 2 downloads save1-2024-03-19 17-54-08-0x1FC0000-halfpatched.sav 128 kB · 3 downloads

Better use this Tutorial

2 hours ago, ERNESTO JG said:

Better use this Tutorial

I tried using this tutorial first, but I was unable to since GBABF kept giving me the error "Unable to open file" which is why I used the other tutorial.