Tell me I'm overcomplicating things - pokemon all over the place - want to make sense of it all

just2jake

I think I want to take all >gen 3 pokemon into Ruby, get the ribbons I want, then move through each game getting ribbons in succession. But most of my pokemon are now in Y and Sun, with no alterations so I can take them back...right lol?

I want a way to look at ALL my pokemon and mark out the ones I've used in a team before

If I transfered them all to Sun, could I filter out pokemon by their trainer ID? or Ribbon status?

PKM Database makes me nervouse, is it like every time I open a save file, all the pokemon from that save file get added, because that's what it seems like, like if I keep opening one save file it just keeps adding them repeatedly. Search doesn't seem to work in Database, I searched for a Wailord that was right infront of my eyes and it returned no results haha.

I already have my trainer ID's noted down for each game

There will be dupes I need to identify

There are mystery gift / event pokemon I want to identify if possible

7 hours ago, just2jake said:

Ok this all fell to pieces as I remembered you can't go down a generation even with pkhex :S So i'm making the most of what I have on the 3DS systems, with Y going on forward.

To generate a Pokemon

Ctrl + N will take you to the database, then search for whatever you want, right click + view, and it will make it pop on the edit sidetab. There you can fine tune that pokemon you just generated. In this fine tuning you can fix OT Name and ID, meeting date, etc. Will save you A LOT of time, since it will already fill a lot of information which makes it pass all meeting conditions.

To bring back your SM pokemon to ruby

I'm not sure, but have you tried dumping your pokemon boxes, opening your ruby save, and loading those pokemon there? I don't recall if it is possible to turn a ,pk7 to .pk3, but it is worth giving it a shot.

Cheers