Gen 3 event eggs in general

Etony33

While the ones I'd be most interested in would be Wish Drowzee and Extremespeed Zigzagoon, there are others, I'm sure. 

I've read on old posts that it's Method 2 on RNGReporter, but I'm obviously misunderstanding this as it defaults to wild Pokémon, which these event eggs most definitely are not. Any modifications made within PkHex itself make these Pokémon very illegal, but PkHex does recognize some Pokémon as legal that people have posted on here for download.

My question is, how are you getting PIDs with the event moves and fateful encounter flag checked, both as an egg and afterwards, that PkHex recognizes as legal? It's all quite confusing to me how this works. 

Also, does anyone know what IV/Nature spreads were actually available? I somehow doubt that perfect IVs were especially commonplace. But mostly, I'd love to mess around with this myself.

Edit: If I'm not misunderstanding this, it's not H-2 at all, but BACD-R in the case of Wish Drowzee (meaning it's essentially impossible to get one with desired nature and IVs because there are very few possible spreads), but BACD-U in the case of Extremespeed Zigzagoon (meaning that, hypothetically, with extreme luck or an unlimited amount of time, you *could* get one with Adamant nature, shiny, and perfect IVs. It'd be ridiculous, but hypothetically possible depending on your TID/SID combo.

Right?

But that still doesn't cover how you'd actually be able to plug in a legal PID because neither RNGReporter nor Pokefinder seems to have an option for BACD-U.

If I knew a) how origin seeds work and b) how PIDs actually work, I may be able to reverse engineer it.

All I want is "the best possible Linoone" so I can EV train it, shove it in my super OCD box 9 between Zigzagoon and Wurmple, and never look at it again. I'm just a weirdo like that.

Edited by Etony33
Add information

4 hours ago, Etony33 said:

While the ones I'd be most interested in would be Wish Drowzee and Extremespeed Zigzagoon, there are others, I'm sure. 

I've read on old posts that it's Method 2 on RNGReporter, but I'm obviously misunderstanding this as it defaults to wild Pokémon, which these event eggs most definitely are not. Any modifications made within PkHex itself make these Pokémon very illegal, but PkHex does recognize some Pokémon as legal that people have posted on here for download.

My question is, how are you getting PIDs with the event moves and fateful encounter flag checked, both as an egg and afterwards, that PkHex recognizes as legal? It's all quite confusing to me how this works. 

Also, does anyone know what IV/Nature spreads were actually available? I somehow doubt that perfect IVs were especially commonplace. But mostly, I'd love to mess around with this myself.

Edit: If I'm not misunderstanding this, it's not H-2 at all, but BACD-R in the case of Wish Drowzee (meaning it's essentially impossible to get one with desired nature and IVs because there are very few possible spreads), but BACD-U in the case of Extremespeed Zigzagoon (meaning that, hypothetically, with extreme luck or an unlimited amount of time, you *could* get one with Adamant nature, shiny, and perfect IVs. It'd be ridiculous, but hypothetically possible depending on your TID/SID combo.

Right?

But that still doesn't cover how you'd actually be able to plug in a legal PID because neither RNGReporter nor Pokefinder seems to have an option for BACD-U.

If I knew a) how origin seeds work and b) how PIDs actually work, I may be able to reverse engineer it.

All I want is "the best possible Linoone" so I can EV train it, shove it in my super OCD box 9 between Zigzagoon and Wurmple, and never look at it again. I'm just a weirdo like that.

Why you have to Search with Method 1 Reverse
Example:

8 hours ago, ERNESTO JG said:

Why you have to Search with Method 1 Reverse
Example:

That's super easy.

To take it a step further, let's say I wanted it to have a specific Hidden Power type with max power (and it would thus need a very specific set of IVs).

Is there a way to search for which TID/SID combos make this possible? Just putting in the IVs and nature themselves come up with no results. I can do trial and error, but this would take an incredibly long time.

Edit: seems that using Search rather than Generate accomplishes this, but some combos just don't exist, period. Maybe.

Edited by Etony33
Add info

7 hours ago, Etony33 said:

That's super easy.

To take it a step further, let's say I wanted it to have a specific Hidden Power type with max power (and it would thus need a very specific set of IVs).

Is there a way to search for which TID/SID combos make this possible? Just putting in the IVs and nature themselves come up with no results. I can do trial and error, but this would take an incredibly long time.

Edit: seems that using Search rather than Generate accomplishes this, but some combos just don't exist, period. Maybe.

• Like 1