Legitimacy of pokemon caught on Pokemon game played on emulators

hieuchamber2000

Hi, I just wanna ask a technical question. If I play a Pokemon game on an emulator (Yuzu/Ryujinx/Citra) and catch some Pokemons, then trade those mons into the game on Switch (maybe through a genning service), are those mons considered legitimate? Thanks!

It depends on how they're transferred. Pokemon made via an emulator are legal as long as you're able to get them onto your main games undetectably. Using a homebrew program like Checkpoint to put the save file on an actual console or cartridge won't raise any red flags with Bank or Home, assuming you didn't cheat in some way. I would be wary about using some third party service to move the Pokemon over as you never know what their procedure is and if it would possibly flag the Pokemon as illegal.

Thanks for your answer!

Unluckily I don't have a hacked Switch though, so injecting or exporting save files through a Homebrew program is impossible.

Can you explain a bit more why you are wary about using some third-party service? If the Pokemon is still the same as the one I caught on an emulator, what to worry about? Thanks!