New To This-Need Save Editing Help

Hello everybody, 

I'm new to this stuff and I couldn't find any help online. I modded my 3ds before the eshop closing, but recently I wanted to do backups of my saves. Apparently, I didn't save a backup of the original save file of my physical copy of Pokemon Moon, all I did was fixed a few pokemon with PkHex and tried "Restoring" the save file with Checkpoint, and the game says corrupted. Tried reverting the changes and it doesn't change anything. I only changed the pokemon in the storage, game was already beat, that sort of thing. 

I used Checkpoint to extract the main file, messed around, tried inserting the save file and it fails. I'm wondering if there's a fix to this. I see the file isn't corrupted since Pokehex can still see it. I made sure the main file is still named main, but cartridge is still reading a corrupted file. I'm wondering if anyone had this problem before and if there's a fix here so I can use the physical cartridge with the save file. 

3 hours ago, TheWarpStaff said:

Hello everybody, 

I'm new to this stuff and I couldn't find any help online. I modded my 3ds before the eshop closing, but recently I wanted to do backups of my saves. Apparently, I didn't save a backup of the original save file of my physical copy of Pokemon Moon, all I did was fixed a few pokemon with PkHex and tried "Restoring" the save file with Checkpoint, and the game says corrupted. Tried reverting the changes and it doesn't change anything. I only changed the pokemon in the storage, game was already beat, that sort of thing. 

I used Checkpoint to extract the main file, messed around, tried inserting the save file and it fails. I'm wondering if there's a fix to this. I see the file isn't corrupted since Pokehex can still see it. I made sure the main file is still named main, but cartridge is still reading a corrupted file. I'm wondering if anyone had this problem before and if there's a fix here so I can use the physical cartridge with the save file. 

Upload more information or with your sav (main) it would be enough to know

Not sure what else you want me to add besides the main file. 

I'm just wondering how exactly I can swap save files. I am currently figuring out how to swap out save files using the digital version of the game, Pokemon Moon. Now I'm wondering if I need to reset the physical cartridge for it to work, but in the mean time, I'm trying it out on the digital version. 

So first things first. The "save file" on the physical copy is probably trying to figure out what the hell happened. It says corrupted, but I think I got the fix. Using the previous theory, putting the save file over a clean copy of the game works. So I think I need to reset the physical copy of the game and put the save file on it, making it work fine. But I did get this to work and I am beyond happy. I'm not sure if this is the correct way to fix it, or if I brute-forced my way. But if someone decides to do this wacky thing, make a backup of the save and if it does corrupt, just reset the game and put the save file over it, it worked for me.