Importing data into PMDe/ Making a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team Balance Hack with less effort

wilir

Ok, so I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to hacking, never truly made one myself.

So, I know there's a good tool to edit (PMDe), and I could, in theory, do everything I'd want for my hack with it. The issue is that, my main objective is pretty simply rebalancing the game, mainly change the levels of the pokemon in the Dungeons, and eventually some of the stats and level progression... The issue is that it would take me absolute AGES to do it manually in the program. Surely there could be a better way to do things, specially cause there's a lot of repeated values and working in the program isn't that fast. Ideally I'd love to just be able to take the data I want, put it into a spreadsheet or something, manipulate the values how I want (eventually using simple formulas or generating a curve) and input it back into the ROM.

Anyone has any suggestions on how to do this? Something that doesn't take a "real hacker" to do? If it's somehow not that easy I'd love to support a effort to create a tool that could accomplish that in a couple dozen minutes, instead of a couple dozen hours!

Thank you