Calling Pokémon Enthusiasts for a Fan-Made recreation of the original (Red/Yellow/Blue) ROM games in Unreal Engine.

PokemonRevivial

Hey fellow Pokémon Enthusiast,

I'm an Unreal Engine developer with over 10 years of game development experience, primarily focused on the backend coding. Currently, I'm embarking on an exciting journey to re-create the beloved classic Pokémon games (Red/Yellow/Blue) in Unreal Engine. I've got the passion, the 3D models for the original 151 Pokémon, and a head start on the code translation from the original ROM assembly code into Unreal Engine.

Here's what I've accomplished so far:

Random encounter script.
All Routes and catchable Pokémon.
All Pokémon types, moves including Pokémon cries and sound effects.
Experience calculation based on level and IV stats (taken and converted from the original ROM assembly code).
All items added to the game.

I'm reaching out to the Pokémon community to find like-minded individuals who share a love for Pokémon and game development. While this project isn't a paid endeavour, it's a fantastic opportunity to collaborate on a fun "fan-made" project that celebrates the nostalgia of the original games, whilst also allowing us to add what ever we thought was missing from the original ROM's

If you have experience with Unreal Engine or knowledge of the original ROM assembly code, your skills could be a valuable addition to the team. Whether you're a seasoned developer or just starting out, if you're passionate about Pokémon and game development, I'd love to have you on board.

Feel free to drop a comment below or shoot me a message if you're interested in joining this exciting adventure. Let's bring the magic of Pokémon to life in Unreal Engine!

Looking forward to connecting with fellow Pokémon fans and developers!

image.png