Is there a way to edit or reset the paintings of the Lilycove Museum in Pokémon Emerald?

BloodBird

Hello, everyone. It's been a long time. I'm thrilled to be reuniting with friends who share my passion for Pokémon.

I have some exciting news to share with all of you. Thanks to the hard work of many people, a nearly perfect Pokémon Emerald - Korean patch has been released recently. Thanks to it, I was able to relive the memories I felt while playing Emerald in the past.

However, I've encountered a problem. When I look at the paintings on the 2nd floor of the Lilycove museum in my save data, all the Pokémon names on those paintings are corrupted. You can see this in the attached screenshot. I swear I didn't give Pokémon names as strangely as that. 😂

Initially, I tried to load this save file into a hex editor to edit the Pokémon names on the paintings, but it's such an old save file that I couldn't remember the PIDs or names of those Pokémon at all. Naturally, I couldn't find the values either.

So, as a next step, I attempted to use PKHex to reset the event flags for the 2nd floor of the Lilycove museum to their default state. However, since the painting data was still intact, when I spoke to the 1st floor curator, they would immediately welcome me back to the 2nd floor just as before, and the painting data remained unchanged, not resetting as I intended.

I need your help. Do any of you know a way to reset or effectively edit the 2nd floor painting data in Pokémon Emerald's Lilycove museum? I want to revisit my memories from the past as they were originally. If that's not possible, I would even be willing to reset it entirely. Unfortunately, both tasks seem impossible for me with my limited skills.

Lastly, I would like to express my gratitude once again to everyone who has always provided kind and professional assistance whenever I've come here. Thank you.

PocketMonsters-Emerald(Korea)_01.png.241bc56d400995549b85b773fd5b8c8c.pngPocketMonsters-Emerald(Korea)_02.png.657bf6895d50ed0a118869cf15f6d9cf.png