Help needed with injecting modified savefile in bootleg card leaf green

omaks

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to edit with pkhex my bootleg leaf green save file with gba backup tool. I'm able to extract the save file and back it up as long as I don't tamper with it. As soon as I try to back up the file after doing some pkhex editing the game displays a "deleted save file..." message and starts a new game.

I have dumped the rom to my pc, and it's abnormally huge (32 mb instead of the usual 16mb), the save file size is normal (128kb).

For extra info: when i play the dumped rom on an emulator and try to save the game freezes... Both playing the game on card or on emulator makes it boot up with the "save file was damaged, loading previous save" but still loads normally.

Anyone could guide me on how to inject mons on this save file? Would hex editing it be time consumming or too difficult?
I've uploaded both saves :POKEMON_LEAF_BPGS00(edited).sav this is the one that can be played on emulator but not injected back to my card.

POKEMON_LEAF_BPGS00.sav

1 hour ago, omaks said:

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to edit with pkhex my bootleg leaf green save file with gba backup tool. I'm able to extract the save file and back it up as long as I don't tamper with it. As soon as I try to back up the file after doing some pkhex editing the game displays a "deleted save file..." message and starts a new game.

I have dumped the rom to my pc, and it's abnormally huge (32 mb instead of the usual 16mb), the save file size is normal (128kb).

For extra info: when i play the dumped rom on an emulator and try to save the game freezes... Both playing the game on card or on emulator makes it boot up with the "save file was damaged, loading previous save" but still loads normally.

Anyone could guide me on how to inject mons on this save file? Would hex editing it be time consumming or too difficult?
I've uploaded both saves :POKEMON_LEAF_BPGS00(edited).sav this is the one that can be played on emulator but not injected back to my card.

POKEMON_LEAF_BPGS00.sav 128 kB · 5 downloads

How to inject pokemon into save file

Hello, thanks for you reply! But the issue was that once I tried to back up that save file to the bottleg card, it would not load properly and make me start over again.
I ended up frying my card by backing back and forth so much anyways...

On 9/9/2023 at 10:59 PM, ERNESTO JG said:

How to inject pokemon into save file

30 minutes ago, omaks said:

Hello, thanks for you reply! But the issue was that once I tried to back up that save file to the bottleg card, it would not load properly and make me start over again.
I ended up frying my card by backing back and forth so much anyways...

que usaste para extraer el .sav?

On 9/11/2023 at 10:38 PM, ERNESTO JG said:

que usaste para extraer el .sav?

Utilicé el gba back up tool, no me prermite restaruar la save una vez la he modificado... pone "Partida borrada", creo que al ser de un cartucho falso el tipo de save es distinto y  se corrompe al guardar cambios en pkhex