Help with Gen III ACE Affected Emerald Save's Ability to use Wireless Adapter Features

Greenygal

Hi there, hope this is the right place to ask for help.

I don't know if this has been documented, but ever since I used ACE on my Emerald cartridge I can't play doubles with my partner in the Battle Tower or play the berry crushing game.

I've noticed these activities requires the use of the wireless adapter, which we wanted to use since our link cable is not very reliable to use for the Battle Tower. But when I use the adapter, my party will be overwritten with Bad eggs (thankfully I backed up my save before this happened). For the berry crushing game, my game will go to a black screen after entering the door behind the cable club lady but the pokecentre music still plays (softlocks). At first I thought it was the adapter itself, but I made sure to swap them and even tested my copy of Leafgreen with my Partner's Emerald to play the berry crush game - which works fine.

I suspect that using Merrp's ACE, it has permently written something to my save data which conflicts with the wireless adapter for whatever reason. I'm not well-versed in the gen 3 save structure, so I am hoping for someone to look into my save dump. I think the last code execution performed on my cartridge was either the lotto lady giving an item or resetting a pokemon flag (either Lati@s or Johto starters) if that helps.

I've attached my save file, though this is an older copy of it. All my backups have been done after performing ACE. I'll try to upload a newer copy of the save at a later point, don't have my DS with me to do a backup right now.

POKEMON_EMER_BPEE_GREENY.sav

• 5 months later...