Save file Region Converter?

Charlieboy

Hi there! I'm a newer user when it comes to pokemon save file editing. I'm looking for a save file region converter, or perhaps an easier way to do this?(Convert US to JP save) Does it exist? I feel like I've done a decent amount of research over the past few days, and I'm coming up a bit shy/empty on the topic. Maybe I'm not searching correctly, or finding dead ends? The goal is to take my US save files and convert them to JP region, to eventually import them onto original cartridges. I will say the current method I have found/use is PKHeX. However, even using PKHeX, it seems quite tedious.  PKHeX wouldn't allow for region conversion straight up. Even attempting to move pokemon from US gold to JP gold by dragging and dropping would bring an error not allowing international pokemon to be imported. I did find if I "set" the pokemon and export to clipboard on the instance of PKHeX I had open for US Gold, and import from clipboard on the instance of PKHeX I had open for JP gold, I could then use the set pokemon, sometimes with edits, but mostly not. In doing this, I did indeed get all the pokemon transfered over, but I did this on a fresh save, and I've had to pretty much play the whole game over again in order to get to where I've progressed in the game. I'm aware of the event flags editing, but even with that, all of the trainers I fought on the US save, I've had to refight, including gym leaders. And the most important event after fighting gym leader 7 (to get the radio tower event phone call from elm) just didn't happen. I might had sequence broke a bit, I'm not sure, but after a few days of grinding to get the save files to match up, and having troubles advancing the story and last gym on the JP save file, my research has landed me here asking for help, or a new/easier way. Any help/response is appreciated. Thank you! 

Edited by Charlieboy

Just to follow up, after posting this I was finally able to get the phone call from elm that made goldenrod city radio tower mission open. I reverted to a previous save, and made sure the sequence was correct. The post here still stands as relevant to me however, as I think this would make things in the future much easier if there was an easier way to implement a conversion for this. (assuming that it doesn't exist already) I *think* the later generation games might not have this issue as far as converting, or a tool already exist for later generations? Idk. I def have a few more game saves I'd like to convert regions for before it's all said and done. (Yellow, Blue, Sapphire, ect)