New Pokémon Game in Develoment

SCV

Since we did not have auto posting when this news was posted, I'll add it now.

Posted by MewtwoEx

<p>

Acording to the Official Pokémon Japanese site, a new game is going to be released in 2010 aside from the latest Pokemon Ranger game. The source states it <span alt="" class="diction" title="<div class='glt-header'>will</div>(shall is sometimes used with first person pronouns and the future tense. It expresses something you believe will happen, not something that you are determined to do. A drowning man shouts: "I shall drown, no one will save me!")">will</span> be a RPG and is currently in the middle of development. We <span alt="" class="diction" title="<div class='glt-header'>will</div>(shall is sometimes used with first person pronouns and the future tense. It expresses something you believe will happen, not something that you are determined to do. A drowning man shouts: "I shall drown, no one will save me!")">will</span> bring you more information regarding it as the news unfold <span alt="" class="diction" title="<div class='glt-header'>further</div>"Farther" denotes distance, "further" denotes time or quantity.">further</span> on.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

<!-- /sectionInfo01--></p>

<div style="border: 2px solid rgb(66, 160, 231); margin: auto auto 16px; padding: 12px 12px 0pt; overflow: hidden; width: 300px; text-align: left;">

<p>

<strong>Commodity summary</strong><br />

Title: Undecided<br />

Sale origin: Corporation [pokemon]<br />

Selling agency: The Nintendo Co. corporation<br />

Development origin: Corporation game freak<br />

Sale day: Schedule within 2010<br />

Desired retail price: Undecided<br />

Genre: RPG<br />

Corresponding hard: [nintendo] DS</p>

</div>

<p>

</p>

<p>

Source: <a href="http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g100129_02.html">http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g100129_02.html</a></p>

Here are all the comments that were posted on the site (sorry for the bad formatting):

RE: New Pokémon Game in Develoment

By: Scarface - 2010-01-29 02:49:01

Thats awesome Thanks for the Great News Mewtwo EX and of Course PP.org

RE: RE: New Pokémon Game in Develoment

By: Mewtwo Ex - 2010-01-29 05:37:13

Thank you for the kind words.

I cannot stop thinking/ imagining what it would look like...

RE: RE: RE: New Pokémon Game in Develoment

By: canand - 2010-01-29 05:45:25

Cool there makeing another game and is this Gen 5 if it is should it be on a new handheld?

By: bagszi - 2010-01-29 06:36:23

I don't really want a 5th gen. Had enough pokémon in the dex. But I'll take a guess... It will be a Crystal remake. It would be so obvius. Just think about it. In japanese they wrote about twingames and differences. And we also got a Platinum to our Diamonds and Pearls. Plus, they making it real quick, because propably the core of the game is the same as the core of the HGSS. (sorry for bad english)

By:TM2-Megatron - 2010-01-29 09:55:50

That seems unlikely, as this game is supposed to have new Pokemon and be in a new region. Also, they didn't bother remaking Yellow; so why would they do Crystal? The additions made to the original Crystal were already included in HeartGold and SoulSilver anyway, so in reality those are already sort of an "honorary" Crystal remake.

No, this is sounding like Gen V to me. And I'm pretty excited to hear more about it.

By: codemonkey85 - 2010-01-29 06:38:07

Hah, way to go! Looks like Project Pokémon had this news up before anyone else (aside from the Japanese official site of course)!

Does anyone else remember http://kotaku.com/5263872/pokemon-might-get-more-action" what Masuda said about adding action to the Pokémon games? Do you think that's what this is? Because that's how it sounds...

"This completely new game, four years after "Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl" (17.150.000 copies worldwide with over 5.800.000 in Japan), will feature new gameplay, new Pokémon and provide a reformation reborn of the series." *

*Source: http://www.legendarypokemon.net/2010/01/29/English/entirely-new-pokemon-games-within-2010

By: Mewtwo Ex - 2010-01-29 10:42:15

That s most interesting... A possible new forme of Celebi.

By: MACandCHEEZWIZ1 - 2010-01-29 11:22:09

To me, there are 2 possibilities.

1. This is a new spin-off, or even an old spin-off sequel that promotes Gen V, similar to Dash or xD.

2. These really ARE the next two games in the main series (They referred to HG/SS as the next game, not the next games, before they announced what it was). If this happens, they will most likely change the system before the release to coincide with the announcement of the next handheld that Nintendo is planning to release in late 2010/early 2011, that supposedly is going to have a lot of power. I can't imagine these games being released on the same handheld as their predecessors.

By: codemonkey85 - 2010-01-29 11:29:23

I'm inclined to agree with you, MACandCHEEZWIZ1, but having the next games be DSi enhanced instead of being exclusively for the next-gen DS would not be that farfetched. I liken this idea to how the Gameboy Color, while technically more powerful than the original Gameboy, didn't really boast a huge leap in technology. To me, the Gen I and Gen II games were released on pretty similar hardware, so I don't see why they couldn't do that again and simply use it as an opportunity to bolster DSi and DSi XL sales.

By: SCV - 2010-01-29 12:43:43

Another thing to remember is that Gold and Silver could be played on a Gameboy. Not sure if you meant to say that, but it wasn't too clear.

By: Mewtwo Ex - 2010-01-29 13:00:12

I saw a rumor that the mystery pokemon could be a new forme of Celebi... So it really could be a generation five...

Excited? :)

By: pokemonrulz - 2010-01-30 11:17:52

I want this game!

(but first i want to know more :P)