Looking for some resources on working with SWSH models.

To preface I wasn't really sure where to ask this because I think this is a blender and Switch Toolbox thing going on. I want to try swapping NPC models out but I'm not sure of the right way to try it or if the ST is even really built for that.

I've gotten far enough to find (some of) the PC's model and the rival. I managed to get them into blender at least. The PC's body and style choices are all separate though. I wanted to see if I could put a new player character together using those parts and see if that new model could be swapped in for Hop's.

I started trying to sort out that all out and realized that the player character is actually "smaller" than their rival Hop? So that confused me a bit because I thought in-game they were relatively similar but in blender they look out of proportion with each other.

I've been trying to sort out what I'm going to have to do to figure this out but most documentation is for strict coloration changes and this is going to start getting into bone manipulation stuff and trying to properly attach pieces together. I'm mostly picking all this up on the fly right now so I don't really know the full extent of blender work I need to do before I could even be ready to swap it with the toolkit (if that's even possible). It seems like it might be, but a lot of the documentation for these tools still make it seem like they're limited.

If anyone has more informed insight as to where I should head with it it'd be appreciated. I can't find a whole lot about modeling outside the same pretty old pages and I'm starting to struggle with it.

As an aside, if anyone knows if there's more easily accessible manipulations as to which models are loading particular during event scripts. I'm wondering if SwSh have easily accessible flags deciding which models are called for story scripts(mainly). It'd be helpful to know if there's a way to have a different character load in a given scene. The game doesn't exactly do a whole lot with them, though Hope expresses a lot so I'm wondering too whether the PC's cosmetics can mimic that or glitch out. But maybe this is too ambitious too, I'm not sure?