Trying to replace Pokedex with NationalDex

I am using DS Pokemon Rom Editor and am editing Pokemon Heartgold. I am trying to make it so Profressor Oak gives the player the NationalDex at the start of the game instead of the regular Pokedex. And I was able to find and replace the "GivePokedex" script with "NationalDex" - and it worked! However, when I was play testing the game, it did not trigger the rival battle event because I assume the flag noticed I didnt obtain the Pokedex. So I was not able to progress in the story. 

So instead I put the "NationalDex" underneath the "GivePokedex" hoping Oak would provide the National Dex and it would still trigger the Rival Battle. And it does trigger the battle, but my problem now is that I do not receive the National Dex.

For context, I am creating a Pokemon HG ROM Hack where you are able to obtain all Gen 1-4 Pokemon somewhere in Johto. And would like the players to have the National Dex because of that feature. 

image_2022-07-29_143121437.png

• 7 months later...

yeah i have the same problem, but the idea is to give the national dex after you beat the rival and go to the lab back, so you creat prof oak front of the door so you must speak with him. he tells you he forget to give you the better pokedex, so you get the national dex and then he fadeout with blackscreen. so you go now visit elm and play your game like normal