please help me improve my ou team

bueller646

i've been playing shoddy for a little while and iv come to the point where im only winning about half of my battles and i don't know what to change. any advice that you guys can give is greatly appreciated

so here's the latest revision of my team:

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Blaze

EVs: 64 Atk/192 Spd/252 SAtk

Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Fake Out

- Stealth Rock

- Fire Blast

- Close Combat

---lead: fake out first then stealth rock. i've really gotten to like this lead because of its reliability and good type coverage against other leads.

Suicune @ Leftovers

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd

Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Calm Mind

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

- Surf

---wall/calm mind sweeper. im not so sure about suicune's synergy with this team. i previously had starmie in this spot.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk

Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Energy Ball

- Shadow Ball

- Focus Blast

- Thunderbolt

---great type coverage with this set plus immunity to ground and fighting

Tyranitar (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Sand Stream

EVs: 160 HP/252 Atk/96 Spd

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Stone Edge

- Pursuit

- Crunch

- Aqua Tail

---my sweeper. tyranitar usually does a pretty good job with the heavy hitting

Dusknoir (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 252 HP/28 Atk/228 Def

Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Will-o-wisp

- Pain Split

- Ice Punch

- Fire Punch

---my main physical/special wall

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Technician

EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd

- U-turn

- Bullet Punch

- Superpower

- Pursuit

---pretty much the standard revenge killer for OU though i am definitely considering switching him out for a weavile because i don't have much of a counter to dragon types

Edited by bueller646

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash

EVs: 64 Atk/192 Spd/252 SAtk

Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Fake Out

- Stealth Rock

- Fire Blast

- Close Combat

Lead Ape has a couple of options it's other anti-leads don't have. Encore, Taunt, and Counter. Yours is fine if you actually end up utilizing both attacks, but if you find that you're using Fire Blast more often than Close Combat, or vice versa, than consider one of those three options.

Encore will probably let bulky slow leads set up SR, but then be forced to switch. Taunt can stop them completely. Counter will hit them hard if they're running physical moves.

I would proceed to rate normally, but then I saw Tyranitar. The only other Pokemon immune to sand is Scizor. Tyranitar and Abomasnow and Hippowdon are not Pokemon you can just throw onto any team. At least 3/6 of the members, if not 4-5, need to be immune to the respective weather patterns.

So let's play with this:

Instead of Lead Ape, let's use the standard lead Aerodactyl.

Aero w/ Focus Sash

Pressure

Jolly

252 atk/252 speed/6 hp

- Taunt

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge/Rock Slide/Rock Tomb/Toxic

Last slot is up to you. SE causes damage, Rock Slide has flinch hax, Rock Tomb lowers speed (useful when up against other lead aeros), Toxic hits those bulky ground lead Swamperts who won't care about any of the othet attacks.

Take Tyranitar out and then use Choice Band Infernape.

Infernape (M) @ Choice Band

EVs: 56 HP/252 Atk/200 Spd

Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Close Combat

- Stone Edge

- U-turn

- Fire Punch

This causes SO MUCH damage, and because most usually expect Mixape or Nasty Plot Mixape.

Get this. Close Combat wrecks everything that doesn't resist it. So when Scizor "cleverly" switches to Heatran expecting Flamethrower or Fire Punch, hit it with CLOSE COMBAT on the switch instead. Stays in? That's fine, because Scizor hates Close Combat too, and Infernape resists it's priority Bullet Punch.

The other common Scizor switch in is Latias. Which, with some prediction, is heavily damaged by U-Turn. This makes Ape a great scouter when you can force a switch.

SE lets you cover Dragonite, Salamence, and Gyarados. Thunder Punch is also a decent option. Mach Punch is available but not recommended since Ape is already so fast.

Flare Blitz is also available, but if SR is on the ground or sand/snow is up, you'll die quickly from recoil damage.

Then, for Scizor, let's play defense with it:

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Technician

EVs: 252 HP/184 Atk/72 Spd

- Brick Break

- Bullet Punch

- Swords Dance

- Substitute

I'm trying to remember why I put 72 speed there...feel free to reassign it if you don't think it's useful. Basically you get behind a Sub and start setting up near the end of the game. Blocks status, but make sure to get rid of Taunt and Roar/Whirlwinders beforehand.