Suggestions for Pokemon Database

lunmarla

Hey, I have a few suggestions after using the PKM Database tool for a while.

1. Prompt the user to confirm Pokemon deletion. Deleting a mon from the database view deletes it's file from the disc, without an option to undo the operation. Since it's a destructive behaviour and there's no "commit" like with editing a save file (by overwriting it), I'd expect a confirmation box of some sorts to prevent misclicks.

2. Remember previously used search settings. Currently, every time I open the database, the behaviour is to search within boxes, database, backups, and show legal and illegal mons. As I'd like to browse only mons stored in my database, I have to manually uncheck the option to search within boxes and backups every time I use the tool. A solution to this problem would be to remember last used options, or specify default search options in settings.

3. "Clones only" search option shows the newest version of the duplicate Pokemons. This collides with the behaviour of "Delete clones", which deletes oldest versions of the duplicates. I'd expect the search option to show versions that would be deleted.

4. "Delete clones" tool doesn't say which Pokemons will be deleted. With the scary sentence talking about how this action is irreversible, I'd like to at least have an option to see which files would be deleted, since I have no idea how the program determines which file is a clone (by comparing PIDs, or maybe using some more sophisticated algorithm?).

5. Original form of a Pokemon that has evolved is not detected as a clone. Say I had added an Eevee to the database. Later in the game, I evolved that Eevee to a Flareon, which I then added to the database. Now, that Eevee is not detected as a clone and has to be manually deleted, which may allow duping of the mons. I understand some people would prefer the old behaviour - maybe add a switch in the options?